Recruiting news?

Juicer

Reaction score
We're getting close to early signing period. Any news on the recruiting front? Anything we should expect to hear? We've got a minimum of 1 scholly for next year, and the chatter on recruiting news is drying up.

JohnnyGopher? Anyone?

Basically any good targets we had have committed elsewhere, now we'll be lucky to land 3 star recruits. Emphisize LUCKY. Which is very concerning staring at the gaping hole that is the frontcourt next year. Don't any of these top 100 players want playing time?

Basically any good targets we had have committed elsewhere, now we'll be lucky to land 3 star recruits. Emphisize LUCKY. Which is very concerning staring at the gaping hole that is the frontcourt next year. Don't any of these top 100 players want playing time?

They likely are worried about getting stuck behind the unstoppable force that will be Mo Walker and Elliott Eliason. Plus we will still have Ingram next year, so it's not like we'll be completely screwed if we don't get a big man this year. That said, I do wish we would have gotten either Hammons or Woodbury, but then it sounds like Woodbury was going to Iowa all along.

Mo Walker and Elliot Eliason are still here. We could also go small with someone like Rodney Williams (if he is still here) playing the 4 spot.

Tweet from Marcus on this very subject!

"Gophers' recruiting heating up. Findlay Prep's Matt Williams and Hargrave Acadamy's Charles Buggs to make decisions soon. Buggs higher on MN"

Tweet from Marcus on this very subject!

"Gophers' recruiting heating up. Findlay Prep's Matt Williams and Hargrave Acadamy's Charles Buggs to make decisions soon. Buggs higher on MN"

I think it's Wilms. I am hoping for Buggs.

Any BB recruits coming to the Gopher Nebraska football game on Saturday?

Any BB recruits coming to the Gopher Nebraska football game on Saturday? I will look to see if Willms or Buggs are in the mix.

i really enjoy watching Mo Walker play. But his health is unreliable. He is very likely to get hurt again.

Accordingo Rivals-Buggs will be visiting this weekend.

IMHO-He seems best prepared to play B1G ball in the next two years. Willms looks like a bit of a project, but has nice hight and outside touch....

I can see us adding another recruit as Rodney is (again) primed for a big year and will likely bolt.

Accordingo Rivals-Buggs will be visiting this weekend.

IMHO-He seems best prepared to play B1G ball in the next two years. Willms looks like a bit of a project, but has nice hight and outside touch....

I can see us adding another recruit as Rodney is (again) primed for a big year and will likely bolt.

Buggs is visiting Arkansas this weekend, but hopefully he commits to the Gophers after the weekend.

Rivals.com is NOT reporting that Buggs is visiting Minnesota this weekend. Rivals.com IS reporting (as is every other internet recruiting website) that Charles is visiting Arkansas this weekend

Rivals.com is NOT reporting that Buggs is visiting Minnesota this weekend. Rivals.com IS reporting (as is every other internet recruiting website) that Charles is visiting Arkansas this weekend

Think he'll decide after his Arkansas visit?

How did you get to that conclusion?

I'm guessing his weight. If he's cut it down to like 285, and even may drop it further, then that's far less of a concern IMO. I'm not sure how you can project that he's "very likely" to get hurt again though, makes no sense. He tore a ligament, that can happen to anyone.

Buggs already visited Minnesota and says he "loves" Tubby. It's a safe bet that it'll be us or Arkie in the end.

Top Bottom