RATS!!!

Reading comprehension is tough for Badger grads I know, but try to follow along.

"Starting to own Bo" is quite a bit different than "owning Bo." But congrats for the 2 wins. If you want to hang your hat on the fact that Bo has lost 3 games in a row to Tubby when you've had higher finishing Big 10 teams, just because you won the first 2 games when Tubby inherited a 3 win Big 10 team, then more power to you.

I'm not sure starting to own would be accurate, but like I said, whatever floats your boat. If he gets to 13-2, let's talk.

I'm not sure starting to own would be accurate, but like I said, whatever floats your boat. If he gets to 13-2, let's talk.

You can deny it's not happening I guess too. Whatever floats your boat.

When it gets to 13-5, I hope you're still around.

We're also wondering why it took Tubby this long to shorten his rotation, mix up defenses, and play RSIII and Colt45 together. I am very happy aout the win but now Gopher fans are left to think about what could have been. Fortunately, MN sports fans are used to pondering this question.

Since I am not Tubby and am not knowledgeable enough about basketball, I have no idea about why he does what he does. I just think Tubby has often tried to mix up several types of defense, usually man-to-man, ball-line, and, to a lesser degree, zone. It was not until the last night that we finally saw the rather dominant defensive performance. It was great.

And, Tubby's decision was more about match-up. It also was a gamble on Tubby's part to force the badgers to beat us from the perimeter. Tubby would have gotten ripped horrendously if the badgers had kept up with treys as they did in the early part of the game and for the first 10 minutes or so in the second half. In the end, the law of average took place, and the badgers ended up with their normal, average 3 pt %, which helped.

I think the some of the reasons that Tubby is not apt to play Sampson and Iverson at the same time are:

1. Neither is a legit scoring option so far. Hence, we need to rely on perimeter shooting for half-court offense. With Nolen, we definitely needed the 3 guard system 'cause Nolen is not a perimeter threat.

2. Without Nolen, the combo would limit our defensive option to mostly some type of zone. So, again it seems to be a defensive match-up issue.

Tubby has a system. Any coach who indulges in a specific system likes to see the evolution of it throughout the season as it works better in the long term than switching often to other systems. Players continuously fit into and grow into the system like the badgers. Right now, Tubby is up against the wall and needs to do something out of his form. That is what we saw last night, I think, about rotation and starting line-up.

Then again, it was a serious gamble. We played hard and well. Yet, we got some breaks, as well. If the badgers kept getting the ball to Bohannon when he got hot or if a few lucky rebounding bounces went to them, etc., Tubby would have looked bad for the strategy.

I was thinking of bumping this myself.

Thanks for the well wishes, Ole.

Top Bottom