Ralph Sampson III - My Dad Was Pretty Good

Thanks. Corrected. I'm not sure what happened with that.

A nice read. That confirms my thoughts on the guy. Too outwardly composed for the inner guy. He needs to rage a bit on the court, I think there's a monster in there.

Too outwardly composed for the inner guy. He needs to rage a bit on the court, I think there's a monster in there.

I think so tool. I caught the commentators remarks on RSIII yesterday during the game when he said he scouted him during a HS game. He said it looked like he hated basketball, didn't want to be there, etc, and was surprised and pleased he was doing so well in the college game. It's just his persona I guess. Stoic to an extreme.

As I am of Norwegian descent,

RS3 being stoic is no problem for me. I really like this kid. A big thank you to Tubby for recruiting him to Minnesota.

Yeah he was, Ralphy reminds me a bit of duncan now that you mention it. But with duncan unlike ralph I didn't see the rage in the machine that I do with RSIII. I just think he'd be a little better served letting a little of it out.

This is a great piece on Sampson, thanks for posting it, Blizzard.

I think his personality shines through quite a bit in it. It's funny, when I met him and interviewed him this summer, I thought he would either be super shy, or have an attitude, or be standoffish, just by watching his body language. However, when I walked over to him, he gave me a warm smile, and could not have been more open and kind. He also had a good sense of humor. I found him very likable and approachable, I'm a big fan of his, and hope he continues to do well for us!

Facial Countenance

I'm not sure if Ralph really feels as stoic as he looks. I know from personal experience that my countenance does not express how I am feeling inside. Many times I have been told by complete strangers to "Cheer up. It can't be that bad." In reality I am feeling pretty good. It is kind of frustrating.

I understand that Billy G. at KY thought RSIII didn't look excited enough when visiting Kentucky. If true, it is pretty sad he wouldn't take the time to "know" the kid.

Top Bottom