Race in the portal

Getting him would be an excellent kick off to the Johnson coaching Era. Always bugged me that Dad was announcing for us and wearing his Hoosier crap for hoops.
He can rescue the family legacy.

Getting him would be an excellent kick off to the Johnson coaching Era. Always bugged me that Dad was announcing for us and wearing his Hoosier crap for hoops.

Why would a dad supporting the team his son is playing on bug you?

Additional in-conference transfers:

Jarrod Uthoff played MBB for Wisconsin and Iowa
*Oliver Martin in football has now played for Michigan, Iowa, and Nebraska

He can rescue the family legacy.
There was also the sister who played volleyball for Wisconsin. Not sure anything can make up for being a Badger.

I will be very curious to see where Race ends up.

I believe they have lifted that rule in recent years.

For example, Itayvion Brown from the football team just ended up at Mich State
You obviously can transfer, but the point is, will you have to sit out a year?

Wouldn't it be so great if we had a head coach Johnson, an assistant coach Johnson (Damian), and Brandon Johnson sticks around? Triple Johnson!
Clearly then, BJ is The Big Johnson.

You obviously can transfer, but the point is, will you have to sit out a year?

Well, my point was, there was a time not so long ago that schools could block transfers within the same conference (or for football, to a team who was on the schedule in an upcoming year).

Well, my point was, there was a time not so long ago that schools could block transfers within the same conference (or for football, to a team who was on the schedule in an upcoming year).
My recollection is that Bo Ryan put an end to that when he created a national snit by denying Utoff the opportunity to transfer to a ridiculously long list of schools including in conference. National shaming forced him to retract the list and I think functionally changing the transfer restriction rules.

My recollection is that Bo Ryan put an end to that when he created a national snit by denying Utoff the opportunity to transfer to a ridiculously long list of schools including in conference. National shaming forced him to retract the list and I think functionally changing the transfer restriction rules.
I did see today (football) that OU still hasn't released QB Chandler Morris to allow xfer to TCU, due apparently to this 'within conference' concern. I'm sure they eventually will, but there are definitely still coaches at least in football who will play that card.

Top Bottom