Race in the portal

Where do things stand on intra-conference transfers for B1G? I seem to remember at one point is was non-scholarship only. Then not? Doesn't come up often. Laurence Funderburke, Micah Potter, and maybe Sam Okey are all I can recall. Memory fuzzy.

Where do things stand on intra-conference transfers for B1G? I seem to remember at one point is was non-scholarship only. Then not? Doesn't come up often. Laurence Funderburke, Micah Potter, and maybe Sam Okey are all I can recall. Memory fuzzy.

I believe they have lifted that rule in recent years.

For example, Itayvion Brown from the football team just ended up at Mich State

Would he have two years of eligibility left? Redshirt Senior, plus the extra year for Covid exception?

That would be a lot of overlap at the 4
Yeah it would be.. maybe Fox can play the 3. I think Treyton and Photo are pretty raw and won't play much, unless we get no one. Still have to see what Brandon Johnson does, kind of hoping Curry hangs it up unless we get no one

Yeah it would be.. maybe Fox can play the 3. I think Treyton and Photo are pretty raw and won't play much, unless we get no one. Still have to see what Brandon Johnson does, kind of hoping Curry hangs it up unless we get no one

Curry already announced he was done with college basketball

Getting him would be an excellent kick off to the Johnson coaching Era. Always bugged me that Dad was announcing for us and wearing his Hoosier crap for hoops.

He'd be a decent addition. Ok rebounder. Ok defense. Ok scoring.

Best of luck Mr. Curry, really a bummer he was never that healthy.

I still recall the Gopher's upset of Indiana Curry's freshman year, when Akeem Springs missed a three but followed his shot and made the layup.

On the replay I noticed that Curry, standing on the weak side, was boxed out, and rather than going for the rebound and risking an over-the-back call, Curry jumped up and tapped the ball right to Springs.

It was one of several heady plays Curry made as a frosh and I've always been bummed that his promising career was ruined by injuries.

Better than a kick in the Johnson.
Wouldn't it be so great if we had a head coach Johnson, an assistant coach Johnson (Damian), and Brandon Johnson sticks around? Triple Johnson!

Across the street from where I grew up, the neighbor's daughter, a Johnson, married a guy named Johnson, and the officiating minister's name was Johnson.

Last edited:

Would it be so great if we had a head coach Johnson, an assistant coach Johnson (Damian), and Brandon Johnson sticks around? Triple Johnson!

Across the street from where I grew up, the neighbor's daughter, a Johnson, married a guy named Johnson, and the officiating minister's name was Johnson.
Did you grow up in West Virginia?

I would be shocked if Pohto ends up in a Gopher uniform. And that's just fine by me.
My brain is broken and every time I read his name, I see "Potato".

If he ends up decommitting, at least I don't have to deal with that for the next 4 years.

Did you grow up in West Virginia?
The minister led the whole thing off with a joke, quoting a well-known ancient sermon, something like: When the long roll is read in heaven at the end of days...it'll take a long time to get through the Johnsons.

Wouldn't it be so great if we had a head coach Johnson, an assistant coach Johnson (Damian), and Brandon Johnson sticks around? Triple Johnson!

I immediately thought of that scene in Blazing Saddles-- no, not that scene, no, not that scene either. Go through the first 6 or 8 scenes you think of and get to the town meeting scene where all the Johnson's are panicking and finally Johnson Johnson has his say.

Top Bottom