Q&A: Lakeville LB Josh Corcoran Says He Hears Most from Gophers, Huskers and Cyclones

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Lakeville LB Josh Corcoran Says He Hears Most from Gophers, Huskers and Cyclones

Q&A: Lakeville South LB Josh Corcoran Says He Hears Most from Gophers, Huskers and Cyclones
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/364798?referrer_id=388419

Josh Corcoran, a 6-3, 228-pound junior linebacker from Lakeville (MN) South, is considered one of the state's top players from the Class of 2015.

Gopher Hole recently caught up with Corcoran to learn the latest on his recruitment and recent visit to Minnesota for Junior Day.

Gopher Hole: You attended the Gopher Junior Day recently. How was that?

Josh Corcoran: It was good. I really enjoyed it. I really liked what they had at TCF. Really enjoyed talking to the coaches.

Gopher Hole: Have you had a chance to go to any other Junior Days or been invited to anything else?

Josh Corcoran: I got invited to Mississippi State's Junior Day, Iowa State and SDSU's Junior Days. I'll be attending the SDSU one and the Iowa State one.

Gopher Hole: Have you thought much about what college camps you are going to try to attend this summer?

Josh Corcoran: I am going to go to Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State and Nebraska camps, I think.

Gopher Hole: What schools are you hearing from the most?

Josh Corcoran: The most I am hearing from right now is Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa State, mostly.

Gopher Hole: What are the Gophers saying to you?

Josh Corcoran: They are saying that I am on the charts. They are watching me a lot and it is important for me to do good at their camp and run fast at their camp.

Gopher Hole: I know that a lot of juniors are hoping to do well at a camp to earn an offer. Have they said that if you do well at camp that could maybe happen?

Josh Corcoran: They didn't necessarily say an offer, but they said that it was really important for me to do good at the camp. I am not assuming anything.

Gopher Hole: What things have you really been working to continue to improve yourself as a player?

Josh Corcoran: I am really focusing on this offseason on cutting down, staying at the same weight, but trimming all my fat. Adding more muscle and getting fast.

Gopher Hole: What are the expectations for Lakeville South this year?

Josh Corcoran: We have our whole offensive line returning. We lost most of our D-line, so our defense is not going to be as good as it was this year, but our offense will be better next year.

Gopher Hole: Have they named the captains yet for next season?

Josh Corcoran: They named them. It was me, Ryan Kretzschmar and Grant Moser.

Gopher Hole: That has to make you very proud that your teammates voted you for that honor?

Josh Corcoran: Oh, yes. Very proud and it is a big deal because my teammates voted for it and the coaches voted for it, so it means a lot.

Gopher Hole: Do you like being that leader on the field as well?

Josh Corcoran: Yes. It is great because the whole team looks up to me as a leader. They will follow me by example on the field and it is great.

Gopher Hole: I know that you were at quite a few Gopher football games last fall. How many games did you end up making?

Josh Corcoran: I think it was three. Iowa,Western Illinois and San Jose State.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean to maybe have the opportunity to play for the home state school?

Josh Corcoran: It would mean a lot. Just being home state. My fans from high school would go to the games and watch me in person, not on TV, if I went somewhere else. It would mean a lot.

Gopher Hole: They have two former Lakeville South players. Do you know them?

Josh Corcoran: I know them very well, I am very good friends with Matt (Leidner). I work out with Matt and Mitch a lot. I haven't hung out with Matt much since he graduated, but we are good friends before he graduated. I was over their house a lot.

Gopher Hole: Have you talked to them much about Minnesota and what they like about it?

Josh Corcoran: Yes. Actually, after one of the games, I went and stayed at Matt and Mitch's house and I talked to them about the Gophers and I talked to Maxx Williams, Jack Lynn and Jonah Pirsig and they like it. I can't see why they wouldn't.

Top Bottom