Q&A: Frank Ragnow on U Official Visit: I am excited to spend some time w/ the players

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Frank Ragnow on U Official Visit: I am excited to spend some time w/ the players

Q&A: Frank Ragnow on Gophers Official Visit: I am excited to spend some time with the players.
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/316582?referrer_id=388419

Frank Ragnow, a 6-foot-6, 300-pound senior tackle/defensive end from Chanhassen, is the top available Minnesota player and will make an official visit to Minnesota this upcoming weekend. Gopher Hole caught up with Ragnow after Chanhassen’s 75-51 basketball win over Henry Sibley Thursday to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: Obviously, a nice win for you tonight. How much do you enjoy playing basketball after a grueling football season?

Frank Ragnow: I love it. A lot of people ask me why didn’t I quit basketball and focus on football, but it is just too fun for me. I love being out here with the guys, running the floor and everything.

Gopher Hole: You are off to a great start scoring-wise. Last year, you did a lot of the dirty work, but this season, you are having to score more points. Do you like having more of an offensive role?

Frank Ragnow: I love scoring, but I still try to get the rebounds, too.

Gopher Hole: What is the latest on your recruitment right now? Where do things stand?

Frank Ragnow: I am taking an official to Minnesota this weekend and the next week, I am taking one to Florida State, I am talking to Ole Miss, Wisconsin, Miami and Ohio State about taking officials in January. I haven’t figured that out yet, though.

Gopher Hole: What officials have you taken so far?

Frank Ragnow: I took Arkansas a couple of weeks ago.

Gopher Hole: What are you expected out of this week’s visit?

Frank Ragnow: I am just excited to spend some time with the players. I have gotten to know the coaches pretty dang well, but I want to spend some time with the players and see how I feel around them.

Gopher Hole: I think that they have quite a few of their commits like Brandon Lingen, Andrew Stelter, Gaelin Elmore and Jeff Jones visiting this weekend. Have you gotten to know them at all?

Frank Ragnow: They have all sent my some texts. I talked to Lingen at the Wisconsin game. I talked to him a little bit about football, but nothing recruiting, but I know them all pretty well.

Gopher Hole: Are you down to those seven schools?

Frank Ragnow: Yes.

Gopher Hole: Are you playing in any All-Star Games? Have you heard anything about that?

Frank Ragnow: I got invited to the Offense/Defense Bowl in January in Florida. I got invited to the USA Bowl in Houston, Texas and I am talking to Army All-American Bowl, so I am trying to figure that out. If I get invited to that one, I think that I will go to that one.

Gopher Hole: Have you even thought about when you are going to try to decide on a school yet?

Frank Ragnow: It is going to be awhile. I am going to take my visits.

Gopher Hole: Would you wait until the signing day in February or would you try to be done before then?

Frank Ragnow: If it takes that, then yes, because I am not sure.

Gopher Hole: What is going to be the main factor that is going to make you pick School A over School B or C?

Frank Ragnow: Just comfortability. Not only with the coaches, but with the players. Feeling like I should be there.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean to play for the home state school?

Frank Ragnow: It would be great, especially since they are starting to get it going. A lot more support. A lot more fans. It would be awesome to play in front of a lot of people that I know.

Gopher Hole: You were at the Gopher-Wisconsin game. What was that atmosphere like?

Frank Ragnow: It was completely different team than last year. It felt like I was at a different place. It was crazy.

Well then Frank, just do it! Tell Jerry you want to be a Gopher! You can hang out with the Gopher players for 4 or 5 years, be a part of keeping it going and also make it easy for your family and friends to watch you play. FSU??

He's a long shot to come here. Kudos in advance to the staff if they get him but won't hold anything against them if he goes elsewhere.

Top Bottom