Q&A: Eden Prairie RB Anthony Anderson Makes Visit to U, Grew Up a Gopher Fan

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Eden Prairie RB Anthony Anderson Makes Unofficial Visit to U, Grew Up a Gopher Fan
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/293874?referrer_id=388419

Anthony Anderson, a senior running back from Eden Prairie (MN) High, has helped lead the Eagles to back-to-back state titles and a number one ranking this year. He is also a standout basketball player who helped lead Eden Prairie to the state tournament last season.

Anderson attended the Minnesota Gopher game versus San Jose State and recently talked to Gopher Hole about his senior season and the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: You guys are off to a 4-0 start. How pleased are you with how well the team is playing so far?

Anthony Anderson: I am very pleased. I couldn’t ask for anything more. We are playing hard, both sides of the ball. We are doing everything right.

Gopher Hole: Eden Prairie is always going to be good, but I think a lot of people wondered how good you would be because you lost a lot of good players. You have played some good teams and had some impressive wins. Are you surprised at how well you have played this year?

Anthony Anderson: I think that we have had the talent. It is just that we had some many players on the team, that you never really get to see it, so we were always ready and prepared to get our numbers called and do something.

Gopher Hole: How about your own individual play? You had a big game against Totino-Grace. How pleased are you with your individual play?

Anthony Anderson: I am very pleased. My offensive line was just making the holes for me and I just read it and I couldn’t do anything more than run the ball.

Gopher Hole: What is the latest on your recruitment right now? What schools are you hearing from?

Anthony Anderson: I have been hearing from Northern Iowa, NDSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Gopher Hole: What camps did you get a chance to attend this summer?

Anthony Anderson: I only got to make it to a few like NDSU and Northern Iowa. It was a pretty busy summer.

Gopher Hole: You play AAU basketball. Did that make it hard to get to a lot of the camps that you wanted to?

Anthony Anderson: It made it really tough because AAU was almost every weekend, so I had to try to manage time for both.

Gopher Hole: Have you had a chance to go to any other college games so far this season?

Anthony Anderson: This is my first one. Next weekend, I am going to Northern Iowa and October 5th, I am going to NDSU.

Gopher Hole: Any offers yet for football?

Anthony Anderson: No, not yet.

Gopher Hole: Are you planning on sending out some highlights from some of your early games to some schools?

Anthony Anderson: Yes. I have a whole bunch of coaches letting me know. I should be hearing some good news real soon. Real soon.

Gopher Hole: What position are most schools looking at you at, running back or since you are a versatile player, someone who can play several positions?

Anthony Anderson: Some coaches look at me as an athlete, but they have mostly been talking to me as a running back. That is my comfortable position, so I think that I will stick with that.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers? What are they saying to you?

Anthony Anderson: They said that I would probably still be playing running back, if I came here. We’ll just see what happens.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean if you had the opportunity to play for the home state school?

Anthony Anderson: It would mean a lot to me because I have always been a Gophers fan since I was a little kid watching them, so play for the hometown would be really nice.

every kid is a gopher fan until they get other offers... most minnesota kids dont have any state pride.. if they did we would be like wisconsin..

Top Bottom