Q&A: Conner Krizancic on Committing to U: It is a great school and I love the coaches

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Conner Krizancic on Committing to U: It is a great school and I love the coaches

WR Conner Krizancic on Committing to U: "It is a great school and I love the coaches."
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/345641?referrer_id=388419

Conner Krizancic, a 6-2, 193-pound senior wide receiver from Mentor (OH) High, has become the 19th player to commit to Minnesota.

Krizancic led the Cardinals to the state title game in his first season as a quarterback. He completed 229 of 379 passes for 3,230 yards with 32 touchdowns and just three interceptions. Krizancic rushed for 1,455 yards and 23 touchdowns.

Krizancic was named the Cleveland Pain Dealler Offensive Player of the Year and was the News-Herald choice as the 2013 Tony Fisher Award.

Krizancic led Mentor to a 13-2 mark, losing to Cincinnati Moeller 55-52 in the title game. They trailed 48-26 after three quarters, before Krizancic led a furious comeback as he threw for five touchdowns in the game. He set state championship records for completions (36), attempts (55) and yards (419).

Krizancic caught 71 passes for 985 yards and 16 touchdowns as a junior as they advanced to the state semifinals.

Gopher Hole caught up Krizancic Monday night to learn more about his decision.

Gopher Hole: What was the main reason that you decided that Minnesota was where you wanted to play college football?

Conner Krizancic: I went on my visit and I just feel in love with the place. It is in the Big Ten. It is a great school and I love the coaches.

Gopher Hole: You had been committed to Cincinnati for quite a while. Why did you decided to re-open your recruitment?

Conner Krizancic: It was tough to think about my college choice during the football season and then I started playing basketball after football season and it was tough to think about anything. This month, I got my visits set up and it was easier to focus on.

Gopher Hole: Minnesota had been recruiting you a little bit even though you were committed to Cincinnati. What had they been saying to you?

Conner Krizancic: Coach Z, my recruiting coach, had a couple of home visits with me

Gopher Hole: Were you looking at any other schools at the end besides Minnesota and Cincinnati?

Conner Krizancic: I was just looking at those two.

Gopher Hole: I know that you just made the decision but do you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulder now that you know where you are going to be?

Conner Krizancic: Without a doubt. I'm at a basketball game and I can all ready feel that.

Gopher Hole: You had a great year, making to to the state championship game. How pleased were you with your senior season?

Conner Krizancic: It was a dream come true. It would have been amazing if we could have come back and won that game. I didn't know how good we were going to do. That was a testament to our team.

Gopher Hole: You made a furious comeback against Moeller, who was led by Minnesota commit Isaiah Gentry, who had two touchdown catches. Do you know him at all?

Conner Krizancic: No. I have been talking to him on Twitter a little bit. He is a great player.

Gopher Hole: Have they talked to you about possibly playing as a freshman or would you redshirt?

Conner Krizancic: They told me to come in here and be ready not to redshirt. They don't have a lot of experience on the wide receiver depth chart.

Gopher Hole: What things are you going to be working on once the basketball season is over to get ready to play at the Big ten level?

Conner Krizancic: I am going to be lifting every day. I want to be up to about 205 when I get done there. I'll be doing a lot of one-on-one stuff.

Top Bottom