Q&A: Chaska Lineman Bronson Dovich and Gophers Have Mutual Interest

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Chaska Lineman Bronson Dovich and Gophers Have Mutual Interest
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/387074?referrer_id=331171

Bronson Dovich, a junior offensive tackle from Chaska (MN) High, helped lead the Hawks to. Dovich is considered one of the state's top lineman in the Class of 2015.

Gopher Hole.com caught up with Dovich to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: What is the latest on schools are you hearing from right now?

Bronson Dovich: The latest is that I have been talking to Oregon, Rutgers, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northern Illinois and Illinois. Those have been the biggest ones. They have been or are coming in the next couple of weeks. There are other schools that are interested in me and sending me some mail like NDSU that has been sending me a bunch of stuff. I was at their Junior Day. I am going to camps at those schools this summer.

Gopher Hole: You went to Chicago with a big group of fellow Minnesota high school players, What was that experience like and what did you gain from going to that camp this past weekend?

Bronson Dovich: It was great. I got to go up against a lot of big-name people. I think that I did pretty well in my reps. Definitely good exposure down there. I worked on a lot of stuff and I improved and found things to work on. It was really good opportunity and a great time.

Gopher Hole: Was it nice to go with a big group of guys because they were going through the same thing that you are going through where everyone wants to impress the people there?

Bronson Dovich: Yes, it was nice getting to be with all other guys. It was nice.

Gopher Hole: What would it mean to have a chance to play Division I football?

Bronson Dovich: It would be huge. It has been a dream for me for a long time. I am still waiting and working for that first offer. Hopefully, that will come down the road, if I keep working. Being to play Division I football has been a dream for me, so I am just working, trying to get the first offer.

Gopher Hole: Did you get a chance to go to many college football games this past fall?

Bronson Dovich: I wasn't getting that much interest after my junior year. Last year, I only went to the Iowa Hawkeyes game versus Michigan. That was the only game I went to.

Gopher Hole: Did you get a chance to go to many Junior Days the past few months?

Bronson Dovich: I went to a few. I went to Northern Illinois. I went to Minnesota's back in February. I went to North Dakota State on the 12th of April, so those are the three that I have been to this year.

Gopher Hole: What are you hearing from the Gophers?

Bronson Dovich: Coach Phelps came in and I talked to me for a few minutes. He told me that coach Limegrover is really interested in me and they want to see me at camp. I am really interested in them, too, so I'll definitely be down there for camp.

Gopher Hole: Have you thought about what camps you are going to go to this summer?

Bronson Dovich: The ones that I am going to try to get out to is Minnesota, Wisconsin, possibly Illinois or Northern Illinois. One of those two for sure. Probably Illinois out of those. I amv going to fly out to Oregon, because they are showing a good amount of interest in me. I know that they will be in school as one of the coaches is coming down next week and I might go to Iowa State.

Gopher Hole: What things are you working on to improve yourself as a player?

Bronson Dovich: I am in the weight room after school with my team every day Monday through Friday, every day we have. I sometimes come in early before school and every day of the week, I am working out. Working out every day I can to be the best player I can be.

Gopher Hole: You obviously had a really good year last season, finishing 11-1. You came up just a little bit short, losing to Brainerd 20-19 in the Class 5A semifinals, but how pleased were you with how things went as a junior?

Bronson Dovich: We obviously had the goal of winning the state championship We came up a little short, but I think that is the best that we have done in program history, so that a big confidence builder even if we didn't get the final accomplishment. This next year, we will have a really good group of guys too, so I think that we will have just as good of a chance to making it this year.

Gopher Hole: I know that you lose some of your skilled athletes like Kolby Seifert, but you have your quarterback and some other key players back. What are the expectations for the upcoming season?

Bronson Dovich: We have the same expectation of winning the state championship. We've got a bunch of returning guys. We are definitely losing some spots. I think that we will have a good number of younger kids step up and play because there have been a lot of people working, trying to get stronger. We have a few returning players, but we have a lot of kids that will step up, too and I think it will be a good group of guys.

Gopher Hole: You are switching conferences, right?

Bronson Dovich: Yes, we have got a new conference. We are still staying with (crosstown rival) Chanhassen, but there will be a bunch of new teams. It will be a fun experience to play against some new people.

If he is good enough for Kill's Staff, he's good enough for me.

Bronson picked up a Gopher offer today according to Ryan Burns. Congrats to him!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Proud to announced I just got offered by Minnesota! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> &#55357;&#56911;</p>— Bronson Dovich (@BronsonDovich) <a href="https://twitter.com/BronsonDovich/statuses/468875371572887552">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bronson Dovich on a MN offer. "I was speechless, it's been a dream school for me and it's crazy now that I have the chance to play for them"</p>— Chris Monter (@collegebbnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/collegebbnews/statuses/468942037421928449">May 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bronson Dovich on a MN offer. "I was speechless, it's been a dream school for me and it's crazy now that I have the chance to play for them"</p>— Chris Monter (@collegebbnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/collegebbnews/statuses/468942037421928449">May 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

Go Gophers!!

Super!! Go ahead and be the first commit. Do it now!!!

I excited to see him in Maroon and Gold.

Top Bottom