Putting it in perspective

I wasn't going to write on this any more but I just have a couple of things to say. If you really know much about basketball, you could see that B1G is not very strong this year so you are comparing apples to oranges. Wasn't a few days ago that Richard said that he was trying to get that losing mentality out of these kids' heads. Please, all I and a few others are asking you people to be fair and gratefull for what the previous coach did. It's not easy to win here so I don't disagree that Tubby was burnt out toward the end. I just won't be so negative about a guy who is so well-respected in this world of basketball and beyond. You saw the number of people who showed up earlier in TT games. The game for tomorrow is sold out. Tubby brought the same level excitement here too and as many noted he was very unlucky at times and made mistakes too. Saying that he can't coach is only the opinion of a few here. For the love of god, Gophers beat 2 number one teams in the country during his time here. bga1, Tiny, and jamloo had an agenda here and they continue bashing the former coach until......
Let it go. Please. He was treated well here, and respected. By arguing, you simply prompt people to point out the problems w/Tubby that we are really ready to put behind us. So really, you're the one prompting people to 'bash' Tubby, by insisting on points we all have responses to. Really. If you go back and read, the criticism of Tubby are almost 100% in response to you. Like, I am tempted to respond to you by saying that Tubby was publicly critical...wait, never mind...

I wasn't going to write on this any more but I just have a couple of things to say. If you really know much about basketball, you could see that B1G is not very strong this year so you are comparing apples to oranges. Wasn't a few days ago that Richard said that he was trying to get that losing mentality out of these kids' heads. Please, all I and a few others are asking you people to be fair and gratefull for what the previous coach did. It's not easy to win here so I don't disagree that Tubby was burnt out toward the end. I just won't be so negative about a guy who is so well-respected in this world of basketball and beyond. You saw the number of people who showed up earlier in TT games. The game for tomorrow is sold out. Tubby brought the same level excitement here too and as many noted he was very unlucky at times and made mistakes too. Saying that he can't coach is only the opinion of a few here. For the love of god, Gophers beat 2 number one teams in the country during his time here. bga1, Tiny, and jamloo had an agenda here and they continue bashing the former coach until......

I don't know, I think there are a substantial portion of posters here who recognize and would acknowledge that Tubby took a program languishing under Monson, and gave us some fun years, and returned the program to respectability, while always representing the university with class and dignity. I loved Tubby, and I was sorry things didn't work out. But they didn't, and now Pitino's the coach, and I'm excited for where he may be able to take this program.

jmag, but it is so much fun to fight over, piss and moan about, yell, bitch, and holler about things from the past.

Top Bottom