Purdue game entrance

W0613615

Banned
Reaction score
I'm usually not one to complain.... But for real... It's almost half way through the 1st quarter and the stadium should be more full then this. The lines to get in are insane. I've been to Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, mi state, and Penn state and understand the backups but this is just dumb. Do better Huntington bank stadium

How do they expect people to show up if it's this much of a crap show getting in? Am I the only one here that thinks this?

I'm usually not one to complain.... But for real... It's almost half way through the 1st quarter and the stadium should be more full then this. The lines to get in are insane. I've been to Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, mi state, and Penn state and understand the backups but this is just dumb. Do better Huntington bank stadium

How do they expect people to show up if it's this much of a crap show getting in? Am I the only one here that thinks this?

Lots of complaints on this on Twitter as well. Amazing the U can't figure this out.

I’m at home watching the game on TV. May show up when lines shorten. 🕺

I agree, it was bad. Worse I have ever seen. I’m not sure why it was so slow tbh but took us a good 20 min. They seem to have the same staff and setup, the only thing I could think of was that they should have had better lines as it was confusing. It was nice out so maybe everyone showed up last min.

I got to the game at around 10:30 and got in easy, not even a 5 minute wait. No lines for bathrooms or food at that time either and you can relax and watch the band’s pregame show.

If you come to the open-end lines that are horrendous, then just walk either direction east to the next gate and it will generally be better. The open end is not the place to be once the Band has done its march into the stadium. Practically everyone watching the Band pre-game at Mariucci (I think) goes straight to the open end North and South gates to enter.

I go an hour early cuz they are bad at getting fans in the stands. Change your best !

I go an hour early cuz they are bad at getting fans in the stands. Change your best !
I got to the game late-ish because I have kids and GET UP DAMN YOU GUIES...

But still got in before kickoff.

Even then though the lines were terrible....

I think folks geninuely DO often try to go in too late, but at the same time those lines are also way too slow and they need to open up those open end gates again.

I got to the game at around 10:30 and got in easy, not even a 5 minute wait. No lines for bathrooms or food at that time either and you can relax and watch the band’s pregame show.
10:30?

Why not make it 10:00? Maybe 9:30?

It should not take more than 20 minutes to get into the stadium. As someone stated earlier,.they got there at 10:40 and missed opening kick.... This wasn't even a sell out game and that line was still backed up at 11:20?

I can honestly say today it felt worse than I've ever seen it. I've been to those Wisconsin games, the Iowa games, the 2019 games, and today seemed ridiculous.

I'm just saying, taking a non diehard gopher fan to the game for the first time it's the little things like this that really buzz kills the game day experience.

10:30?

Why not make it 10:00? Maybe 9:30?

It should not take more than 20 minutes to get into the stadium. As someone stated earlier,.they got there at 10:40 and missed opening kick.... This wasn't even a sell out game and that line was still backed up at 11:20?

I can honestly say today it felt worse than I've ever seen it. I've been to those Wisconsin games, the Iowa games, the 2019 games, and today seemed ridiculous.

I'm just saying, taking a non diehard gopher fan to the game for the first time it's the little things like this that really buzz kills the game day experience.
Not sure how someone could have arrived at 10:40 and missed kickoff. I got there at 10:30 and watched quite a bit of the band pregame stuff. And please note I am usually the guy on here complaining about lines.

Not sure how someone could have arrived at 10:40 and missed kickoff. I got there at 10:30 and watched quite a bit of the band pregame stuff. And please note I am usually the guy on here complaining about lines.
I'm that guy. My wife and I got in line at 10:40. The line was long and slow moving. By the time my wife and I were in our seats, the game was several plays old.

I'm that guy. My wife and I got in line at 10:40. The line was long and slow moving. By the time my wife and I were in our seats, the game was several plays old.
That's pretty weird it could be so different in 10 minutes. Not saying you're lying. It's just odd. I was at the NW entrance.

That's pretty weird it could be so different in 10 minutes. Not saying you're lying. It's just odd. I was at the NW entrance.
We were at the open part of the horseshoe, on the right as you looked in from Tribal Nations Plaza. We looked to the entrance on the opposite side of the Plaza and those lines looked just as long. No idea why it was moving so slow. When I got to the front, I held up my phone, wallet, and keys and walked right through the metal detector.

I arrived at 10:45. It was 0-7 by the time I got in. I have to agree with others that TCF is about as bad as it gets on this topic - at least for stadiums I have been to.

Looking out through the plaza we could see hundreds of people still in line well after kickoff. They have to make it easier.

This was the away side at kickoff.

Attachments

• 928B6DBF-C2D0-4C0C-9BBC-64B9CD06CBE2.jpeg
    928B6DBF-C2D0-4C0C-9BBC-64B9CD06CBE2.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 15

Gate A lines were extremely long, that's how.
We were in line at 10:45 and missed Purdue's first score. We didn't even know we had gone 3 and out before that because we were stuck in line.

People who say “well, I just get there earlier” when they hear other people complain how long the lines were:

JM.gif

But all joking aside, yes, it was a shitshow. We left the Ski-U-Mah lot at 10:30 and made a quick stop at the mini-biff. We knew we would miss the opening kickoff, and we were okay with that (we were having such a fun time in tailgating), but we actually missed the first 6 minutes of the game (which we all know in football-game time is like, two hours or something).
Unfortunately for us, most of the tailgaters over in that area did pretty much the same thing and there was a big rush right around 10:40ish that sent the Gate C line all the way back to the street and beyond…and this was the “No Bag Line”. The line was not moving at all, and there were plenty of line-cutters, which didn’t help. As we got closer it was frustrating to look up into the tunnel and see only one person head up the steps every 5-10 seconds or so.
I just wish they would let people show their phones and keys as they walk through rather than put them on the table. Once people get through they panic and think someone is going to steal their stuff from the table and there is pile-up of people running around trying to get everything back. Saw lots of Staff just standing around doing nothing. And seriously, I think you could have just walked right past a scanner and gotten in for free.
It was really odd, people from our group left literally 5 minutes before we did and got in to see the opening kickoff. Aside from the detector issue, I don’t really know what the problem was but it is something they need to figure out; it’s quite obvious they can’t handle a big rush.
I’ve got two more games that I’ll be attending this year and I will leave for the stadium earlier, especially the Iowa game…I think that one will be insane.

The bean counters do not care if you have been sorely inconvenienced.
Is MN the only BIG stadium to have metal detectors?

Went through Gate B very early with no issues, and I recommend using this one to everyone on the sunny side, They have let us go through the Students Gate too this year.

However, yesterday there was a first going through the bag inspection that was odd to me. Namely the individual did their poking in my clear plastic bag, but asked me to open my glasses case. Did so of course and it only held my sunglasses, but that easily added a minute to the security transaction.

Now if security is the issue, I don't think that would have been enough explosive to really do a lot of damage but of course there was the shoe bomber. Also for the sake of discussion, if security is for contraband enforcement, again that might have held enough liquor or tobacco for mild entertainment at best.

Not going political but we have been in the post-9/11 security state now for twenty years. I know these staff are mainly young people just doing a job, however I think we've all been waiting for common sense to re-enter into risk assessment and actual security screening. There was a one-minute cost to looking at my glasses case. Multiply that by 7000 fans with bags with a similar level of diligence and that's a lot of time...

Cost-benefit analysis anyone?

People who say “well, I just get there earlier” when they hear other people complain how long the lines were:

View attachment 20918

But all joking aside, yes, it was a shitshow. We left the Ski-U-Mah lot at 10:30 and made a quick stop at the mini-biff. We knew we would miss the opening kickoff, and we were okay with that (we were having such a fun time in tailgating), but we actually missed the first 6 minutes of the game (which we all know in football-game time is like, two hours or something).
Unfortunately for us, most of the tailgaters over in that area did pretty much the same thing and there was a big rush right around 10:40ish that sent the Gate C line all the way back to the street and beyond…and this was the “No Bag Line”. The line was not moving at all, and there were plenty of line-cutters, which didn’t help. As we got closer it was frustrating to look up into the tunnel and see only one person head up the steps every 5-10 seconds or so.
I just wish they would let people show their phones and keys as they walk through rather than put them on the table. Once people get through they panic and think someone is going to steal their stuff from the table and there is pile-up of people running around trying to get everything back. Saw lots of Staff just standing around doing nothing. And seriously, I think you could have just walked right past a scanner and gotten in for free.
It was really odd, people from our group left literally 5 minutes before we did and got in to see the opening kickoff. Aside from the detector issue, I don’t really know what the problem was but it is something they need to figure out; it’s quite obvious they can’t handle a big rush.
I’ve got two more games that I’ll be attending this year and I will leave for the stadium earlier, especially the Iowa game…I think that one will be insane.
I never take my keys or phone out and pass right through. Never have set off an alarm.

The bean counters do not care if you have been sorely inconvenienced.
Is MN the only BIG stadium to have metal detectors?
I can't say for certain on the metal detectors.

What I can say, from my own experiences/observations, is that Huntington bank stadium is by far the most inefficient when it comes to this topic. The attendance announced was like 48,000. At Michigan state we got through no problem and the crowd was much larger. As attendees yesterday, we didn't even have large winter gear to lug in the stadium. I'd imagine the Iowa game, assuming the special season is still in tact at that point, will be much worse if they continue this idea of 'just get to the stadium earlier'.

I'm just saying, we always want the bank to be packed. To do that, it's not a welcoming or positive vibe just to get in. When I bring the casual fan to a game and we miss half the 1st quarter, that doesn't leave the most exhilarating experience for them. I mean my gosh, it's a football game. Are they really worried about harmful items or are they more concerned about flasks?

I was watching the Clemson/NCSU game last night and the stadium looked packed at kickoff.... I won't believe those fans 'get there earlier' as being the difference between memorial stadium in Clemson vs Huntington bank stadium.

Top Bottom