Purdue coach says...

I was at the local Casey's general store and heard two guys talking about 'Out back', I assumed they meant the Outback bowl and not a drug deal. Sounds like Outback is getting play. Wonder what the Gopher racks at Fleet Farm look like? :cool:

Lincoln Riley to the Cowboys. Fleck if the Gophers win to Oklahoma.

Oklahoma fans will love the long overdue uniform update for sure!

3kkn6b.jpg

Does anyone know if Oklahoma was on the short list?

Every piece of property in Mn must be in a school district.

Most districts were formed during the consolidation era between the 1950s and 1970s that closed smaller 1-4 room schools. Better transportation allowed students to get to school buildings with rooms per grade rather than multiple grades per room.T

There were times when very few districts had high schools. Admission to the nearest high school was not guaranteed after 8th grade.

Many school districts were set by landowners selecting where their children would go to school. Land purchased later would remain in the original district before the sale.

Most district boundaries were set before city limits were set. Though places like Hawick and St. Martin had corporate lines set prior to school districts being established. They are served by two or more districts.

Itasca County district wraps around much of the ISD for Deer River. So there are high schoolers that travel across one district to attend school in Grand Rapids.

Quirks abound.

Every piece of property in Mn must be in a school district.

Most districts were formed during the consolidation era between the 1950s and 1970s that closed smaller 1-4 room schools. Better transportation allowed students to get to school buildings with rooms per grade rather than multiple grades per room.T

There were times when very few districts had high schools. Admission to the nearest high school was not guaranteed after 8th grade.

Many school districts were set by landowners selecting where their children would go to school. Land purchased later would remain in the original district before the sale.

Most district boundaries were set before city limits were set. Though places like Hawick and St. Martin had corporate lines set prior to school districts being established. They are served by two or more districts.

Itasca County district wraps around much of the ISD for Deer River. So there are high schoolers that travel across one district to attend school in Grand Rapids.

Quirks abound.
I know this will never happen, as most radical changes proposed are shot down simply because they change too much, too fast, regardless if it's a good idea or not.

But I've wondered if we wouldn't be better off completely abolishing school districts, and have all funding for all public schools in the state (real public schools, not charter/magnet schools) be state-wide and equal. Students apply to the school they want to attend. Every student is only guaranteed a spot in some school, not a particular school. Although obviously at some point practicality has to come into play with driving distances, so that can be heavily weighted in the admissions process.

Top Bottom