Purdue coach says...

ROCK

Banned
Reaction score
Cheap banter. I was talking to a strength coach for Purdue Monday and he is in love with what the Gophers are doing. He loves Minneapolis. Great guy. He was in my gym because Purdue isn't in a bowl game. The big downer is he thinks Fleck is gone if we beat Auburn. Money won't be an object. Hope he is wrong. Visiting with a former Florida State player a couple weeks ago he said Fleck was their #1 pick and was super bummed about Fleck's extension. Fleck has big time National profile. One of my best friends played HS at Shoreview then Notre Dame (cool National Championship ring) and then the NFL. He is excited about Gopher football. Just behind ND football (not North Dakota). Keep Fleck at all costs. Merry Christmas!

Shoreview? You mean Mounds View High School?

It was called Roseville Area High School.

I heard some guys talking at my gym about the Outback Bowl and they were all pretty excited to watch it.

Well...I talked with Santa last night and he’s thinks P.J. is staying. But, Rudolph thinks he’s leaving if we lose to Auburn.

PJ isn't going anywhere. The Purdue coach has that on his Christmas list but it will not happen.

1. Heather likes MN
2. His kids like it here
3. He wants to restore MN to relevance, he says it over and over again which is great.
4. See number 1

Cheap banter. I was talking to a strength coach for Purdue Monday and he is in love with what the Gophers are doing. He loves Minneapolis. Great guy. He was in my gym because Purdue isn't in a bowl game. The big downer is he thinks Fleck is gone if we beat Auburn. Money won't be an object. Hope he is wrong. Visiting with a former Florida State player a couple weeks ago he said Fleck was their #1 pick and was super bummed about Fleck's extension. Fleck has big time National profile. One of my best friends played HS at Shoreview then Notre Dame (cool National Championship ring) and then the NFL. He is excited about Gopher football. Just behind ND football (not North Dakota). Keep Fleck at all costs. Merry Christmas!
If he was going to leave after this year he’d have left already. Maybe after next year, but he will coach at the U next season.

PJ isn't going anywhere. The Purdue coach has that on his Christmas list but it will not happen.

1. Heather likes MN
2. His kids like it here
3. He wants to restore MN to relevance, he says it over and over again which is great.
4. See number 1
His kids don't live here.

Are there jobs still open?
I haven't been watching that closely.

1. Heather likes MN
2. His kids like it here
4. See number 1
How often do you talk to Heather?
How about his kids (that don’t live here)?

Another thread about Fleck leaving. I shocked.

Like to know a reason this guy was here. Looked up the entire staff and none have a connection with the TC. I call BS.

Like to know a reason this guy was here. Looked up the entire staff and none have a connection with the TC. I call BS.
The Purdue coach and his good buddy Rod Smith from Roseville HS are not the same person.

Top Bottom