Pulley Tuesday thoughts

book

Reaction score
Trevor M. hammered down several dunks! Will be a force down low!

DeVoe didn't seem to score at all - his shot just doen't seem fluid

Cobbs and Damian came a little late to the 2nd game-

Cobbs is built like Wesbrook - he is very quick - good passer and gets to the hole - made one

three and made the clinching lay=up for the win - he'll get playing time this year.

Damian was his usual defensive self - but his outside shot still needs work

Royce is a physical specimen and like Trevor is best inside.

I worry that the Gophers have all this talent with centers and forwards but do not have a consistent outside shooter. Hopefully, Westbrook and Hoff can bring it on!

"I worry that the Gophers have all this talent with centers and forwards but do not have a consistent outside shooter. Hopefully, Westbrook and Hoff can bring it on!"

Don't forget Bryant Allen. Does anyone know off hand what he shot for 3 pt percentage in high school? I thought I read it and it was ridiculous. He may be one heck of a role player for limited minutes if he can put up some points quickly.

People like you who go to Pulley games and relay your analysis of the games and players help people like me deal with our "Gopher basketball jones" through the summer. Thanks!

Nice update. I've already fulfilled one goal by seeing Rodney Williams, now I want to see Royce, Cobbs, and Mbakwe.

"I worry that the Gophers have all this talent with centers and forwards but do not have a consistent outside shooter. Hopefully, Westbrook and Hoff can bring it on!"

Don't forget Bryant Allen. Does anyone know off hand what he shot for 3 pt percentage in high school? I thought I read it and it was ridiculous. He may be one heck of a role player for limited minutes if he can put up some points quickly.

Off hand I think it was between 50% and 53%- just incredible % for threes.

I really think Allen can be a great player for us but football is obviously going to hurt his PT. He doesn't have a great looking shot but he's a pretty lights out shooter and he can definitely create his own shot. He looks like a very good play-maker as well.

All I will say about Tuesday is Justin Cobbs..........WOW, al better bring it or else he will get passed by.

I've been saying that for a while... Cobbs has all the tools to be all big 10 someday. I'm not sure if he'll get there, but I sure hope he does, and I definitely think that he'll play a notable role this year, especially if Nolen doesn't get it together.

All I will say about Tuesday is Justin Cobbs..........WOW, al better bring it or else he will get passed by.

JG I really respect your opinion so that's saying a lot. I've wanted to be really high on Cobbs but I've been a little wary as well. We've always heard good things about him but his rankings were always pretty mediocre. Any insight into his game for those of us who couldn't be there?

Top Bottom