Pulley Day 3

Shooting is probably the single easiest thing for a player to learn.

It isn't a gurantee and it is still difficult but the NBA is full of players who weren't very good shooters and college and made themself into adaquete shooters in the NBA. I'm not saying that Rodney will, but shooting is probably the easiest skill to acquire in basketball.

I agree with all of the lack of aggressiveness comments on Rodney. He reminds me of a Ferrari being driven by a little old lady. I catch myself yelling "dribble the ball" at the TV every time he gets a pass.

He has gotten better at shooting, but remember he is not in there to win a game of horse! As many knowledgable scouts has said, he has unbelievable athletic skills. He needs to learn how to use them when he has the ball and create his own shots. I think he needs to work more on his ball handling and confidence in driving to the rim.

by Rick Majerus

Shooting is probably the single easiest thing for a player to learn.

shooting is probably the easiest skill to acquire in basketball.

It is difficult to appreciably improve someone’s shooting in college. You may be able to make a small change but a complete overhaul is next to impossible. Players revert back to the habits of a lifetime making it extremely difficult for collegiate players to improve on technique. A good shooter has range and there’s a correlation between effective range and leg spring. I’m not as concerned if his elbow is in or out as I am with release and follow-through. A player who can shoot usually has good rotation on the ball, little wasted motion, and an exaggerated follow through. He exudes confidence and can shoot without having to take a rhythm bounce. Those that can shoot it know their range, lack of indecision, and spot up according to the penetration of the ball.

I guess Mike Beasley is playing tonight. Marcus has been obsessively tweeting about it all game.

I guess Mike Beasley is playing tonight. Marcus has been obsessively tweeting about it all game.

I'm guessing you mean Myron - he's been giving good updates. Great for the HP league to have a big name like that playing. You never know what you're going to get when you go!

It is difficult to appreciably improve someone’s shooting in college. You may be able to make a small change but a complete overhaul is next to impossible. Players revert back to the habits of a lifetime making it extremely difficult for collegiate players to improve on technique.
Seems pretty accurate. I agree with others tho, take it to the rack, dribbling is RWs biggest problem.

Top Bottom