PSU/Iowa

gophersfan

Reaction score
boooo. Iowa winning 18-10 in the 4th. Iowa suck.

Hate on...

WE OWN...PENN STATE!!

Aren't there enough literate Iowa fans to have their own board? You just beat Penn State and you're posting here...The worst part is that I live in south minneapolis, and I can't stand the thought of someone in my part of the city enjoying an Iowa win.

You just beat Penn State and you're posting here.

You just beat NU and you're posting about us and Wisconsin.

The worst part is that I live in south minneapolis, and I can't stand the thought of someone in my part of the city enjoying an Iowa win.

No, the worst part is I'll be in your head all season.

I can proudly say that I got all 6 Big Ten games correct today.

I'm not so proud to admit that I think Iowa will win the Big Ten this year, or at least share with Ohio State.

You just beat NU and you're posting about us and Wisconsin.

No, the worst part is I'll be in your head all season.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: why don't you get the hell out of here. You are the classic Hawkeye fan. You are insecure because nobody respects your traditionless program so you go around the net hoping to find people talking about Iowa. Congrats, you've stumbled on a place where no one respects your meaningless team. I hope you win the Big Ten championship this year so I can remind you to win seven more before you are tied with Minnesota. Hope this helps.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: why don't you get the hell out of here.
I can't tell if that's a question or a demand. If its a question I'm not going to 'get the hell out of here' because I have a lifelong interest in Big 10 sports (since the late '50s) in general, and in the IA-MN rivalry in particular. I've been to games in Memorial Stadium - have you? - and Williams and two of my kids attended and one graduated from the U. (Summa in English. She would cringe at the abuse of the English language on this board.) If its a demand you're going to have to take it up with the mods as you have no authority.

You are the classic Hawkeye fan. You are insecure
Really? MN beats a team you haven't beaten in two years and I see a "Who hates Iowa" thread when you should be enjoying the win? Iowa fans are insecure?

because nobody respects your traditionless program so you go around the net hoping to find people talking about Iowa.
What is your definition of tradition? Iowa has been playing in Kinnick stadium since 1929. You've been in 'The Pasture' for two weeks. Please don't pretend you know anything about tradition.

Congrats, you've stumbled on a place where no one respects your meaningless team.
Did you see the thread titled: 'This Just In: Iowa will kill us'?

I hope you win the Big Ten championship this year.
Why thank you.

And now I'll let you have the last word.

I can't tell if that's a question or a demand. If its a question I'm not going to 'get the hell out of here' because I have a lifelong interest in Big 10 sports (since the late '50s) in general, and in the IA-MN rivalry in particular. I've been to games in Memorial Stadium - have you? - and Williams and two of my kids attended and one graduated from the U. (Summa in English. She would cringe at the abuse of the English language on this board.) If its a demand you're going to have to take it up with the mods as you have no authority.

Really? MN beats a team you haven't beaten in two years and I see a "Who hates Iowa" thread when you should be enjoying the win? Iowa fans are insecure?

What is your definition of tradition? Iowa has been playing in Kinnick stadium since 1929. You've been in 'The Pasture' for two weeks. Please don't pretend you know anything about tradition.

Did you see the thread titled: 'This Just In: Iowa will kill us'?

Why thank you.

This is great. This guy thinks Iowa has a football tradition because they've been playing in the same stadium since 1929. I think most people would think football tradition means winning championships, but maybe that is just everyone EXCEPT Iowa fans- the most delusional in all of college sports.

You are nothing but a pathetic troll.

EDIT: Also, thought I'd point out that Wisconsin has been playing in their dump since 1917. Does that mean they have more "tradition" than Iowa. If it helps, both of you have 0 National Championships and 7 fewer Big Ten titles than Minnesota.

Congrats on being a national power before my dad was born, dude. When was the last time you even won the conference, again? Or were even contenders?

Congrats on being a national power before my dad was born, dude. When was the last time you even won the conference, again? Or were even contenders?

you created a new profile just to post that?

Nah, I've been looking to make one for awhile, because I enjoy some friendly trash talk, that just happened to be the first post. But seriously, stop bragging about things that happened in the 40s. I get that you don't have a whole ton else to be proud of, but it's sad. Iowa may not have a bunch of national titles, but at least we've been a contender in the Big Ten recently and generally make a decent bowl game.

Why? I hate this line of reasoning. Why in the world should we stop being proud of things that happened in the past? To make one small example July 4th is still a holiday because opening up a can of whoop ass on King George is something worth acknowledging. Now follow you line of reasoning and we'd only be celebrating things that happened in the past couple decades (which is still 0 national titles from your pathetic state).

Nah, I've been looking to make one for awhile, because I enjoy some friendly trash talk, that just happened to be the first post. But seriously, stop bragging about things that happened in the 40s. I get that you don't have a whole ton else to be proud of, but it's sad. Iowa may not have a bunch of national titles, but at least we've been a contender in the Big Ten recently and generally make a decent bowl game.

Here's another delusional Iowa moron. Because they have no football tradition, they claim to prefer having zero National Championships to six that happened in the past. Of course, what they try to ignore is that the very definition of "tradition" is what has happened in the past.

Help me understand "The Pasture." Is that a rip? I mean, there's a lot you can rip on us about, but give us some credit on the new stadium. It's beautiful, it's back on campus, and the environment has been electric. Try and restrain the douchey tendencies a little and stay away from the best thing to happen to our program in 30 years.

I think it has something to do with the barn being across the street. It won't catch on.

But Pete

I have said it before and I'll say it again: why don't you get the hell out of here. You are the classic Hawkeye fan. You are insecure because nobody respects your traditionless program so you go around the net hoping to find people talking about Iowa. Congrats, you've stumbled on a place where no one respects your meaningless team. I hope you win the Big Ten championship this year so I can remind you to win seven more before you are tied with Minnesota. Hope this helps.

If Iowa wins a Big 10 championship, that would most likely make you dead wrong about Ferentz never again winning 10 games . . . I know, I know, get the hell out of here MplsHawk.

I am going, I am going already.

Good luck against the Badgers. I will be pulling for the Gophers.

To paraphrase, a review of the Iowa boards this week can be summed up with this: 1. what week will they sew up the Big 10 and... 2. What are the best hotels to stay at before watching the hawks in the national championship game.

Yes, there are voices of reason but overall the self-importance flow is at a high water mark.

Was there any talk about "hot chili"?

I think it might be good to remember that all fanbases generally start to get a little (or a lot) excited when things start going their way.
The Vikings fans have had a big "self-importance" streak going since #4 was signed and it is going through the roof after last Sunday's comeback victory; there is an abundance of confidence and near-cockiness not seen since '98 heading into Packer Week. The Twins fans around the office are pretty confident as well after this afternoon's win over the Tigers cut the lead to 1.

Top Bottom