Predict the Upset!

Most likely upset

• Total voters
The Gophers will beat Wisconsin. If they don't, I promise never to post at Buckyville again.

MSU. Especially if we get the same clown squad of refs who worked the game when they played here two years ago. That was quite possibly the worst officiated sporting event I ever attended, which is really saying something with BT refs. Even though we won the reffing was awful. Usually bad officiating works against us (phantom PI call vs. PSU, the OB call vs. PU in OT, etc)

I think its Michigan. They will have had 2 tough games the weeks prior to November 3 (Michigan State + Nebraska) and will see the Minnesota game as a breather. Gophers have not forgotten last years debacle, and Michigan walks into a hornets nest....

My feelings, too. Michigan should be exhausted after two brutal games in a row. MSU, especially if the weather is a factor, is another possibility. I see losses on the road to Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois.

Michigan is Great Pick

My feelings, too. Michigan should be exhausted after two brutal games in a row. MSU, especially if the weather is a factor, is another possibility. I see losses on the road to Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois.

You guys' pick of Michigan is spot on! I agree that Michigan will be coming off 2 tough back to back games and probably physically and emotionally worn down. How can the Gopher players forget the humiliation of last year at Michigan? I can't remember if Gray played in that game --- maybe someone can help me out on that. I also believe that Purdue will receive payback from the Gophers the week before.
Iowa looks to be rebuilding this year so I don't know if I consider that an upset. I am sure that Ferentz wants to win that game badly.
I believe that we can keep the "Brown Jug" here this year! What a terrific program changer it would be! Great call by the guys who picked it.

I voted Wisconsin for no good reason other than I wanted too.

Iowa is 0-2 at TCF and the last time they won on campus at the U was 1976 ;)

The game is at Iowa. Among all of the Big Ten teams, Iowa has the greatest disparity between their performance at home vs. on the road in conference games.

Of those 5 iowa definitely.

They are simply a mediocre football team.

Of the other 4 that would be major upsets Michigan state. They are the gophers best matchup of the four. Michigan state may also have some serious qb question marks this year, making road games much tougher for them.

So what you're saying is that the Gophers beating a mediocre football team is an upset. Would that make the Gophers less than mediocre?

In a game for the ages, MarQueis Gray and Denard Robinson combined for 750 yards of total offense, and the Gophers outlasted Michigan to claim the jug, 48-41. Gray rushed for a school QB record 220 yards and three scores and passed for 175 yards and one TD to Freshman Andre McDonald. Robinson rushed for 140 yards. Despite throwing for 215 yards, the Minnesota defense picked off two Robinson passes, one a game changing 99 yard TD return by Troy Stoudermire.

With three minutes to go and Minnesota holding a precarious 41-34 lead, Rasheed Hageman blasted Robinson from behind just as the Michigan QB released the ball. Stoudermire stepped in front of the errant third-and-6 pass intended for Roy Roundtree and scampered untouched into the far end zone, where he was mobbed by the Minnesota Marching Band. The Wolverines added a meaningless touchdown with two seconds remaining. Junior Joey Balthazor smothered Michigan's onside kick to end the game.

Or something like that.

In a game for the ages, MarQueis Gray and Denard Robinson combined for 750 yards of total offense, and the Gophers outlasted Michigan to claim the jug, 48-41. Gray rushed for a school QB record 220 yards and three scores and passed for 175 yards and one TD to Freshman Andre McDonald. Robinson rushed for 140 yards. Despite throwing for 215 yards, the Minnesota defense picked off two Robinson passes, one a game changing 99 yard TD return by Troy Stoudermire.

With three minutes to go and Minnesota holding a precarious 41-34 lead, Rasheed Hageman blasted Robinson from behind just as the Michigan QB released the ball. Stoudermire stepped in front of the errant third-and-6 pass intended for Roy Roundtree and scampered untouched into the far end zone, where he was mobbed by the Minnesota Marching Band. The Wolverines added a meaningless touchdown with two seconds remaining. Junior Joey Balthazor smothered Michigan's onside kick to end the game.

Or something like that.

GOLFCLAP

while i like the story line and i think there will be a game that ends something like that except no 99 yr return... but it held my attention and probably got my excitement for this season to start raised.. it sadly wont be mich... i voted nebraska.. while yes there over all tallent is better than ours, i think this is the signature win of the young kill era... remember the niu vs wiscy game in the 09-10 season... i havent researched it yet but wasnt that in kills 2nd yr at niu.. if not my appologies... they played at wisc and while they lost, they played that team tough and really came on at the end to almost tie it with under a min left... well we got some players who are becoming what b10 players are.. big and strong.. hageman will have a breakout year.. to many people are raving about him.. and if claeys says noone is better than him in the nation when he is on *paraphrase* then i think your ending of the story is right on... anyway like i said your story comes true at Husker Nation

Iowa is the mostly likely win of the buch but not really an upset. Of the true upsets I say Michigan due to the fact that they are overrated and that it will be good timing.

mcrow said:
Iowa is the mostly likely win of the buch but not really an upset. Of the true upsets I say Michigan due to the fact that they are overrated and that it will be good timing.
Great year to upset Maze N Blue. They are coming off a road game vs Nebraska a week after a home vs Mich St. Prime upset. Ski-U-Mah baby!

Top Bottom