Predict the Score Thread: Minnesota at Penn State

Predict based on what?

tell me which QB's will play and then I'll have an idea. Clifford got knocked out of last week's game for PSU with a right shoulder injury. If he can't go, their backup is 17 of 29 passing for 200 yards and 2 TD's.

and there's a good bet we won't know about Morgan's status until gametime.

we could be looking at two backup QB's starting the game.

so I don't have a clue. The Gophers could possibly win a close game, or they could get boat-raced.

Our offense has been outed. Penn State will pressure QB the entire game unless the OC can come up with a plan to counter the pressure. Defense will get tired of being on the field as the offense will be unable to sustain a drive. Sorry for the dire prediction but that is my take after the last 2 games. Hope I am wrong.

Penn State - 31
Minnesota - 3

If the Gophers are to win it'll be by a score of like 20-17.

Hold Penn State under 20 points and there's a decent chance if things go our way.

Predict based on what?

tell me which QB's will play and then I'll have an idea. Clifford got knocked out of last week's game for PSU with a right shoulder injury. If he can't go, their backup is 17 of 29 passing for 200 yards and 2 TD's.

and there's a good bet we won't know about Morgan's status until gametime.

we could be looking at two backup QB's starting the game.

so I don't have a clue. The Gophers could possibly win a close game, or they could get boat-raced.
That Penn St. QB is Drew Allar, who is extremely highly regarded. Most of their fans wanted him to start even over Clifford - he is supposed to be the real deal. A line of PSU -4 is way out of whack here. I would think this line should be around -17 even if Allard goes and even if Morgan plays. The games vs. Purdue and Illinois have provided a blueprint on stopping the Gophers and I think Penn St. at home in front of a whipped up white out crowd should have no trouble here.

The only thing that concerns me with such a soft line like this is Vegas has watched the same games as we have and may be trying to bait gamblers into going with PSU here. And then WHAM - the Gophers cover and everyone loses their shorts to them. This happens quite a bit -- but I just don't see it.

PSU - 34
MN - 10
Sorry, I'd like to be a homer but I just don't see a Gopher win this weekend.
On the bright side, I am usually wrong when it comes to predictions.

I'm still down on this club right now.

Penn State: 28
MN: 17

Tough one as I believe that the Gopher will rise out of the ashes this weekend. They have done it before, and believe they will do it again.

Gophers 24
Penn State 21

I just can't pick them to win this game with how they have looked the last couple weeks. Hope I'm wrong.

PSU- 20
Gophers-13

Top Bottom