Predict the Score Thread: Minnesota at Michigan State

I don't understand why everyone says MSU can stop the run. First none of their opponents have good run teams - akron averages under 60 a game, western mich barely avgs over a 100, Washington didn't need to run. Second-Sparty has for sure not faced a line like ours or a running back like MO!
My prediction MO has at least 2TDs and over 200 yds! He is so ready to play a complete game!

High expectations:
Golden Gophers 38
Spartans 17

SKI U MAH RTB GO GOPHERS!

I don't understand why everyone says MSU can stop the run. First none of their opponents have good run teams - akron averages under 60 a game, western mich barely avgs over a 100, Washington didn't need to run. Second-Sparty has for sure not faced a line like ours or a running back like MO!
My prediction MO has at least 2TDs and over 200 yds! He is so ready to play a complete game!

High expectations:
Golden Gophers 38
Spartans 17

SKI U MAH RTB GO GOPHERS!
I can't see anyone on the schedule scoring more than 20 on us so this one seems about right.

Love the optimism. This is a huge road game with massive implications. Looking back over the past several seasons to see how we've performed under similar situations doesn't give us a lot of examples, other than the games at Iowa.

They stack the box and our passing game fails to capitalize.

MSU 27
MN 17

I don't get people thinking that MSU wins this game. Yes they are the best Gophs have faced so far but that doesn't mean good. While the Gophers are good.

Love the optimism. This is a huge road game with massive implications. Looking back over the past several seasons to see how we've performed under similar situations doesn't give us a lot of examples, other than the games at Iowa.

They stack the box and our passing game fails to capitalize.

MSU 27
MN 17
What about the Gophers defense? 27 points is a lot to give up for them, you think they're just going to fail against MSU? Why?

What about the Gophers defense? 27 points is a lot to give up for them, you think they're just going to fail against MSU? Why?
our defense last year gave up 26 to Miami (OH), 23 to Nebraska and 27 to Iowa. Michigan St. has a much better offense than those three did.

The "homer" thread.

MSU misses the kick to force OT. Gophers win 20-17

our defense last year gave up 26 to Miami (OH), 23 to Nebraska and 27 to Iowa. Michigan St. has a much better offense than those three did.
Is it still 2021? Last year has nothing to do with this year.

Also, Minnesota was 6th in opponents ppg last year, 17.3 ppg.
So far this year, they've allowed 5.7 ppg and the starters have allowed just 3 points in the 3 halves of football they've played.

I’m seeing a 31-10 shellacking Saturday.

ND loses also and Fleck is announced as their coach on Monday

Everything I’ve seen and read suggests the Gophers are the more complete team. This should be an exciting and potentially nail-biting game. Grab the whiskey.

MN 34
MSU 27

I don't get people thinking that MSU wins this game. Yes they are the best Gophs have faced so far but that doesn't mean good. While the Gophers are good.

Very simple: Minnesota hasn't been punched in the face yet.

MSU losing to Washington is not proof that they are a bad team just like Wisconsin losing to Washington State does not prove they are a bad team. Those two Big Ten teams cruised against poor competition, just like Minnesota, but didn't handle the first time they were punched in the face very well. MSU got down big against Washington (who looked like a very good team to me) in the first half but stayed tough and outscored Washington 20-10 in the second half.

I haven't made a prediction in this game but this game worries me and I don't understand why any Gopher fan would be unconcerned. Michigan State still has plenty of talent on their team and has more riding on this game, especially at home, than the Gophers.

Top Bottom