Predict the Score Thread: Minnesota at Illinois

Minnesota: 24
Illinois: 20

So could the posters who think the score is going to be 28 or higher for Minn care to elaborate on how they are going to score that many against the IL defense when we couldn’t get past 10 against Purdue. You people are higher than me and that says something

So could the posters who think the score is going to be 28 or higher for Minn care to elaborate on how they are going to score that many against the IL defense when we couldn’t get past 10 against Purdue. You people are higher than me and that says something

Analytics are saying 25. No variance on these numbers but I'm sure 28 is well within the confidence interval so it's probably reasonable. Now is this why I picked 31? Nah I'm just a hopeless homer wearing my maroon glasses.

17 Fightin Illini
26 Golden Gophers

No, I don't think I will.

Gophers 12
Illini 9

Trickett walks it off in the 9th, err 4th.

Analytics are saying 25. No variance on these numbers but I'm sure 28 is well within the confidence interval so it's probably reasonable. Now is this why I picked 31? Nah I'm just a hopeless homer wearing my maroon glasses.

The hesitation I have about embracing those analytics comes from the assumption that roughly 3/5ths of the inputs used for calculating those numbers for the Gophers came from games with NM State, Western Illinois, and Colorado.

The hesitation I have about embracing those analytics comes from the assumption that roughly 3/5ths of the inputs used for calculating those numbers for the Gophers came from games with NM State, Western Illinois, and Colorado.
Completely agree. SOS is factored in but the projections still get wonky when there are too few quality opponents mixed in.

I get messed up on the rules. If team A scores a FG in OT, and team B scores a TD on its possession, is Team B obligated by rule to attempt the extra point, or is the game simply over at the TD?
That is a good point. I don't think there is an obligation for that. I guess my score should be 27 to 24, Gophers.

change my pick, 13-10 Minnesota. I feel like there qb might be out or playing hurt. Get the W fellas.

MN 17 to ILL 16. Hard fought game. GOPHERS squeak by on a late made field goal down 2,late we see the Gophers grind it out and kick a short made field goal.

Defensive struggle. Mo wills MN to a break out the booze, cover the eyes win

MN 12
IL 6

Top Bottom