Practice Social Distancing - With the Governor's Victory Bell - MN vs Penn St Replay, Saturday 7PM

Awesome game! Hopefully I won't feel the same as to watching the Auburn game.

I accidentally deleted this game from my DVR. Best home game ever and I delete it. Unbelievable.

I remember getting there my customary 12-15 minutes before kickoff and being absolutely amazed how the entire stadium was almost completely full already. Never seen anything like that at TCF.

I'll never forget their powder puff QB storming out of the injury tent like someone stole his teddy bear.

I'll never forget their powder puff QB storming out of the injury tent like someone stole his teddy bear.
Clifford made an absolute clown out of himself, starting with his "sink their f****** boat" pep talk. Such a shame that he had so many terrible throws that game.

Clifford made an absolute clown out of himself, starting with his "sink their f****** boat" pep talk. Such a shame that he had so many terrible throws that game.
Couldn't happen to a better guy.... I sometimes wonder if he looks back at that feels like a complete tool. I can understand emotions in a critical game, but that was just embarrassing.

I still don't understand why gopher fans are so upset about what he said. He was talking to his team before a big game in a hostile environment. It's not like he said that to a reporter. You are all kidding yourselves if you think no one on gophers made similar comments.

1585401402927.gif

Greatest sporting event I've ever attended.

I think I'd probably say the same for myself. I've been to some pretty awesome Gopher hockey games too, but I think I'd have to put this game ahead of those. Now...if I had been at the Xcel Energy Center in 2002 for the national championship, there's no way I could top that, but alas, I was at home for that one.

I still don't understand why gopher fans are so upset about what he said. He was talking to his team before a big game in a hostile environment. It's not like he said that to a reporter. You are all kidding yourselves if you think no one on gophers made similar comments.
You're right, and I'm not upset at what he said. I'm moreso saying that when you juxtapose his performance with the tough guy persona he was putting on all game, it's pretty comical. Had he done all that and then torn it up that game, then I'd have to respect it.

Yeah I didn't think twice about anything he said or did.

Couldn't happen to a better guy.... I sometimes wonder if he looks back at that feels like a complete tool. I can understand emotions in a critical game, but that was just embarrassing.

No, he probably looks back and is pretty sure Minnesota should have been called for PI on all three of his brilliant throws. That would be more his style.

Greatest sporting event I've ever attended.
As far as games that occurred on Minnesota soil, that featured the Gophers or Minnesota pro teams, and that resulted in a win for the good guys .... I would say that I'm having trouble thinking of games that would be up there with this one in reasonably recent history.

Minnesota Miracle Vikings game? Might be the #1, in this specific category.
Gophers beating Penn St, and the resulting swarm on the field in 2019, has to be a candidate for #1 though.

I think I'd probably say the same for myself. I've been to some pretty awesome Gopher hockey games too, but I think I'd have to put this game ahead of those. Now...if I had been at the Xcel Energy Center in 2002 for the national championship, there's no way I could top that, but alas, I was at home for that one.
I was at this hockey game. Pretty Awesome! Lets face it, it was for a national championship as opposed to a regular league game. Regardless, the Penn State game was awesome as well.

As far as games that occurred on Minnesota soil, that featured the Gophers or Minnesota pro teams, and that resulted in a win for the good guys .... I would say that I'm having trouble thinking of games that would be up there with this one in reasonably recent history.

Gophers beating Penn St, and the resulting swarm on the field in 2019, has to be a candidate for #1 though.
The miracle was a great play but it was also right in the middle of some classic Zimmer Vikings playoff ... offensive malaze.

It's a great moment ... less so great game.

I was at this hockey game. Pretty Awesome! Lets face it, it was for a national championship as opposed to a regular league game. Regardless, the Penn State game was awesome as well.
I was there too.

Right before the critical turning point / that faceoff:

On the club level the folks working at the food stations actually came out and sat down in the isles so they could watch.

That faceoff and the result... damn.

I wasn't into the Miracle game until the last play of the game. Had been a tough game to watch where as the hockey game and the Penn State game were fun to watch all the way through.

I was there too.

Right before the critical turning point / that faceoff:

On the club level the folks working at the food stations actually came out and sat down in the isles so they could watch.

That faceoff and the result... damn.
Yes. This was the greatest Gopher game of my lifetime.

Let's just all be thankful this virus didn't emerge last fall, or Minnesota would be the world's worst cluster

6ff2efc0-033a-11ea-9cf3-5dfdf06d9571.jpg

I would say my top three in no order are this game, the NCAA championship game in St Paul and game six of the world series.

Aaaaah! It's good to see that AWJr interception!

Top Bottom