Potts and MBS in portal

You're right about the numbers but football is still king in Western PA. It's still shocking the number of blue chip recruits that come out of Pittsburgh and surrounding counties.

Population collapse is really going to be a major hurdle for the entire country as most places have been able to somewhat replace their declining native populations with immigrant populations, but there are very few immigrants in Pittsburgh. I believe it has the fewest non-student immigrants of any major metro area in the country.

One of my largest clients was in Pittsburgh, so I actually spent at least a week every month there from 2014-2020. My apartment had waitlisted availability until the pandemic hit and then it was completely empty (with the exception of a ballet school renting out entire floors for dorms because they wanted to provide social distancing). As much as I hated having an apartment amongst a bunch of 22 year old ballerinas, it was really odd. I was the only person on my floor.

It's a great city but it feels like it still has some readjustment pains coming its way.
Pitt has come a long way, I come from a steel family and my dad was a frequent visitor to the city on business. I was able to tag along a few times as a kid. I used to have some corporate clients there as well. Sadly though if you compare top recruits in football in the 70s and 80s, the Mon Valley was king. It's all Florida, Georgia, and Texas now. Even Ohio has slipped a bit. But as you said, population collapse and the beneficiaries of that collapse.

You're right about the numbers but football is still king in Western PA. It's still shocking the number of blue chip recruits that come out of Pittsburgh and surrounding counties.

Population collapse is really going to be a major hurdle for the entire country as most places have been able to somewhat replace their declining native populations with immigrant populations, but there are very few immigrants in Pittsburgh. I believe it has the fewest non-student immigrants of any major metro area in the country.

One of my largest clients was in Pittsburgh, so I actually spent at least a week every month there from 2014-2020. My apartment had waitlisted availability until the pandemic hit and then it was completely empty (with the exception of a ballet school renting out entire floors for dorms because they wanted to provide social distancing). As much as I hated having an apartment amongst a bunch of 22 year old ballerinas, it was really odd. I was the only person on my floor.

It's a great city but it feels like it still has some readjustment pains coming its way.
Pittsburgh is, or at least was, a very high-tech town. With UPitt and Carnegie Mellon (leader in robotics) there.

Tech layoffs could change that a bit.

But definitely lots of (East, Southeast, South) Asians in Pittburgh for these reasons.

Lot of self-driving stuff there as the roads/streets are notoriously hard to navigate.

EDIT: “lots” is not correct. But the city proper has gone from 0.3% Asian in 1970 to 5.8% in 2020.

Last edited:

We must presume that PSU knows the exact nature of his injury which seemed almost life-threatening at that time. We still do not know.
He did not seem like the same runner when he did come back but at that time the starting RB was carrying the ball close to 100% of the time so he never had much of a chance to show what he could do.

If PSU had an open spot in the RB room and was looking for a “mentor” back who could come in and run hard for a few snaps a game and spell the younger starters, would seem Potts is ideal for that and a native PA son.

I don’t think any further analysis is needed.

It has been stated on Gopher Hole that Potts is not a B1G starter. I disagree. He is a more-than-solid B1G player, when healthy. I think there's a good chance he does well at Penn State.
I think he must be walking on at Penn State.

Top Bottom