Potential news from Gopher Gridiron

Everything that is old and traditional has to go. They're obsolete.

I love the helmets!! Who says no one will recognize us?! Get with the times.

Cue the, MAROON OVER GOLD IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE UNIFORM COMBINATION, crowd now.

hahaha

I'm like the helmets but I'm trying to think of the uniform combos they look good with. I think they would be sweet with all white road uniforms. Also, with maroon over white (PSU game). Otherwise, I'm not sure how they'll look. We shall see

I love the helmets!! Who says no one will recognize us?! Get with the times.

Cue the, MAROON OVER GOLD IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE UNIFORM COMBINATION, crowd now.

We are the U. Everyone will recognize us. These white helmets are a tribute back to the 60's. It is not like they have wings or a gopher stripe down the middle of them.

I like them. And most importantly, I bet the majority of the players and recruits like them as well.

Sid just said the maroon helmets are his close personal friend.:cool02:

hahaha

I'm like the helmets but I'm trying to think of the uniform combos they look good with. I think they would be sweet with all white road uniforms. Also, with maroon over white (PSU game). Otherwise, I'm not sure how they'll look. We shall see

I would guess that it will be the 1960 colors of maroon over white or white over gold.

This gives everyone something to bitch about until the bowl selection is announced.

We are the U. Everyone will recognize us. These white helmets are a tribute back to the 60's. It is not like they have wings or a gopher stripe down the middle of them.

I was hoping for metallic silver camouflage.

In further breaking news: Goldy has acquired new shoelaces!

I like the helmets. Just one game so not a big deal either way.

hahaha

Big Ten team is the home team at the Texas Bowl, so maroon over white or gold are possibilities.

This is a massive letdown for me, this week when I was looking at pictures of Rashede and how much of a beast he looks with a grill and a visor I realized how much the black facemask compliments the maroon helmets and how much better it looks then a maroon facemask, well can throw all that away now with this downgrade of a helmet, hopefully we can still wear either gold on gold or maroon tops gold pants for the game so it doesn't look as bad, and I am still hoping that we get Oregon state over Wazzu so we can look at their nice and bright orange uni's instead of washington states dull gray and red uniforms, OSU's are an orange version of Michigan basketball maize highlighter jerseys

Maroon Helmet is Best

This is a massive letdown for me, this week when I was looking at pictures of Rashede and how much of a beast he looks with a grill and a visor I realized how much the black facemask compliments the maroon helmets and how much better it looks then a maroon facemask, well can throw all that away now with this downgrade of a helmet, hopefully we can still wear either gold on gold or maroon tops gold pants for the game so it doesn't look as bad, and I am still hoping that we get Oregon state over Wazzu so we can look at their nice and bright orange uni's instead of washington states dull gray and red uniforms, OSU's are an orange version of Michigan basketball maize highlighter jerseys

die hard gopher,

I love the maroon uniforms and maroon helmets with gold numbers and letters. I think this uniform combination is the identity of this team and hopefully going forward for all Golden Gopher football teams. We are not going to the Rose Bowl, so not sure why the urge to go to a throw back type helmet which just isn't us. I don't like it. Not that my opinion matters. I know it does not, but that does not mean I have to accept decisions I don't like laying down.

die hard gopher,

I love the maroon uniforms and maroon helmets with gold numbers and letters. I think this uniform combination is the identity of this team and hopefully going forward for all Golden Gopher football teams. We are not going to the Rose Bowl, so not sure why the urge to go to a throw back type helmet which just isn't us. I don't like it. Not that my opinion matters. I know it does not, but that does not mean I have to accept decisions I don't like laying down.

I'm pretty sure this type of thing takes a while to get. It's not like they plan, order, and receive the helmets in one week. They probably designed the helmets and ordered them as soon as we became bowl eligible, long before we knew if we were going to the Rose Bowl or not.

Obviously, everyone can have their opinions. But I don't think this is someone should get too bent out of shape about.

When watching them play Oregon, I was wondering if it was the Mike and Ike's Bowl. They were definitely bright.

I kinda like them, though i'm not a white helmet or all white uniform fan, at all. Though I do like the M on one side and the # on the other, this
has been tried before, I do want to see an alternate GOLD helmet, and even perhaps a Matte BLACK helmet, too.

Top Bottom