Potential Big Ten-only schedule gaining steam?

Double headers ... same day.

LoL... Makes me miss the days of Jr. High football with A and B games in the same day and getting to play both sides of the ball on both teams. As I sit here with my knees protesting at every inhale of my breath, the thought of ever having had that much energy absolutely blows my mind.

I’m getting flashbacks of March Madness. Dominos start to fall and my gut has a bad feeling that we won’t see football this fall. Really hope I’m wrong

Yep. It’s happening very fast, just like in March.

These are very power people, at the controls of the richest, most powerful schools, having daily discussions with those school presidents and experts.

Don’t you think they wouldn’t be pulling these plugs if they weren’t getting intelligence that it’s hitting the fan?

Keep your fingers crossed that we even get conf games.

Official according to Yahoo that it will be conference only games. Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I’m getting flashbacks of March Madness. Dominos start to fall and my gut has a bad feeling that we won’t see football this fall. Really hope I’m wrong
I'm getting the same feeling. So looking forward to this season but trends are going the wrong way. Hoping the pro sports lead the way and can continue with their plans. But if one starts and shuts it down, it might be over before any games are played.

Yep. It’s happening very fast, just like in March.

These are very power people, at the controls of the richest, most powerful schools, having daily discussions with those school presidents and experts.

Don’t you think they wouldn’t be pulling these plugs if they weren’t getting intelligence that it’s hitting the fan?

Keep your fingers crossed that we even get conf games.
Not necessarily. It could be that they've "run the numbers" and determined what their risk and/or liability is. We also know this has (oddly) become a partisan issue, and we know the vast vast majority of those in higher ed are lefties.

I think we can all hope for games this fall but I dont see it. Same thing happened to start all this with basketball, Ivy League cancelled and everyone went "pshh they dont make money like the B1G, SEC, ACC....they will never cancel those!" A week later they did. Now Ivy pushes out football and now people think that wont happen to everything else?

We are no closer to a vaccine and/or stopping the spread in this country so for all the people who are anti-mask, I will do what I want when I want, COVID isnt real etc, good for you, but the longer you buy that, the longer will go without football or college sports at all. Lets all hope the loss of things like NFL/CFB/CBB will wake people up (but it wont)

I think we can all hope for games this fall but I dont see it. Same thing happened to start all this with basketball, Ivy League cancelled and everyone went "pshh they dont make money like the B1G, SEC, ACC....they will never cancel those!" A week later they did. Now Ivy pushes out football and now people think that wont happen to everything else?

We are no closer to a vaccine and/or stopping the spread in this country so for all the people who are anti-mask, I will do what I want when I want, COVID isnt real etc, good for you, but the longer you buy that, the longer will go without football or college sports at all. Lets all hope the loss of things like NFL/CFB/CBB will wake people up (but it wont)
Half the country goes out of its way to try not to be woken up.

Vaccine or bust

the whole point of conference games only is to push the start of the season back in hopes that the number of positive cases go down, or someone comes up with a treatment or vaccine.

That's not entirely true. The biggest reason they did away with non-conference games was to eliminate the risk of lower budget teams with limited or no testing bringing COVID 19 to Big Ten football fields in September, potentially putting the rest of the Big Ten season at risk.

The extra conference game the Big Ten is adding will almost certainly come in early September.

PAC 12 is likely going to do the same.

Last edited:

Most important is keeping our communities safe, but dang it would be a real bummer to not see this Gopher offense in 2020 or spring of 2021

Top Bottom