Postgame PJ vs Iowa

Sounds like a guy that hopes the rest of the season is cancelled and his Fleckisms sound awfully hollow.

Captain Kirk and and son looked at the Gopher defense on film and determined that they could just beat them down and run them over and that is what we saw tonight. Offensive Line domination

Time and time we saw this on the the video. Sad

You guys are hilarious. Best season this miserable program has seen in over a half century and you clowns know it all. Definitely a good chuckle 😂. Thanks
Please tell me how bright the program looks right now and the booming optimism we should feel going into next year with these current players.

My two favorite takeaways: We lost because the wide receivers had too many drops. And, PJ once again has no idea this year either why the refs gave him an undeserved penalty at absolutely the most inopportune time.
How bout the holes in the front 7 that a truck could have driven thru?

We saw this last year. Iowa was much better prepared to play us than we were prepared to play them. When the other team is able to stop your offense like they did, it knows what you plan to do and sets their defense to counter your plays. Same thing on defense. They knew exactly how to attack our weaknesses or set us up for the play to work. It looked like we had no idea of what they were doing. PJ and the guys were out coached. And it has happened in the past. Not giving up, the coaches need to do a better job of game planning.

Great summary , that is what I saw a year ago in Iowa City and what i saw in TV tonight. Why Auburn and Iowa staffs have such different responses to what the the Minnesota's PJF staff shows them, I have no idea.

I will flush it down the hole and move on.

You guys are hilarious. Best season this miserable program has seen in over a half century and you clowns know it all. Definitely a good chuckle 😂. Thanks
I forgot we are built to to win national championship every year bringing a ton of 4 or five star players every year. Coach Fleck has had the best year I think of any of our lifetimes. So we clearly should fire him now.

I agree with your take and we will have down years. But I’m starting to get really concerned with how BAD we seem to be. This defense is bad. Historically bad, and not what I expect from this coach in year 4.

Only my personal opinion (not trying to sway anyone else) but i recognise that by posting I’m inviting others to pick holes in my argument.

I feel it is difficult to make a judgment on the long term state of the program this year. The lack of pre-season practice time has hit a number of teams/units where the critical mass of starters is new. That has happened to LSUs defense (for example) and it has happened to ours (I recognise there may be exceptions to this).

The new guys on our defense haven’t had the depth of practice time to develop cohesively as a unit - that has showed in every game (to a lesser extent v Illinois as they didn’t have the capacity to take advantage).

Because I don’t think we can take too much from this point in this season. I’m willing to continue to reference back to last. I feel PJ has proven he has the ability to produce winning teams and coach kids up. The 2019 Gophers did not look great the first 3 games, scraping wins against average opponents, but by the time they beat Auburn (benefitting from the extra practices for the Bowl game) they were legit. Our rate of improvement was greater than the norm.

I’m the type of fan that feels, when you have someone with proven ability, coaching continuity and acceptance by the administration/fan base that there will be ups and downs (in any sport) is vital for success.

I acknowledge that PJs style is not for everyone (and that coaching continuity does not sell newspapers) but he has proven he can raise the profile of our program, can achieve 10 wins+ in a power 5 conference and can get his players to buy into a culture academically and morally.

Fair enough. However, he did it with a lot of kids he didn't recruit. And based on what we are seeing of the defense through 4 games, wow.

Top Bottom