[POST GAME THREAD] Minnesota defeats Illinois 41 - 14

Just able to sit down and watch now. What's up with Potts? Saw him getting carted off.

Good win. Illinois is terrible.

There was absolutely zero reason for Mo or Tanner or Bateman to be on the field the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. Other guys need reps and it is obvious they are going to lean on Mo for the remainder of the season. We play Iowa in 6 days and his backup was already in a boot. Coaching malpractice IMO.
So go conservative and sit on 28 points.

Huge exhale.

Safeties were much more aggressive in setting the edge and coming downhill in run support. LB's were slightly improved, but still pretty poor. Gordon and Willis worked in today which was great. Mafe got a LOT more playing time (another good thing). I didn't watch a minute of the Iowa game, but apparently they looked awesome. Friday should be interesting. Hope for continuous improvement on D.

Huge exhale.

Safeties were much more aggressive in setting the edge and coming downhill in run support. LB's were slightly improved, but still pretty poor. Gordon and Willis worked in today which was great. Mafe got a LOT more playing time (another good thing). I didn't watch a minute of the Iowa game, but apparently they looked awesome. Friday should be interesting. Hope for continuous improvement on D.
They looked awesome and Rocky Lombardi looked terrible.

So go conservative and sit on 28 points.
If you actually read what I posted I said “the 2nd half of the 4th quarter”. We were up 35-14 at that point. At a bare minimum Mo and Bateman did not need to be on the field.

Also, I said nothing about “going conservative.” I simply said get backups in the game. The backups can still run the offense...including throwing the occasional pass.

I know Illinois is not good, but I thought the defense looked much better. I liked seeing Gordon and Willis get some time, Deangelo Carter is progressing nicely.

Defense still sucks
Mo is money!! Mo money, Mo money!!
We'll lose next week.

I don't konw about that. You held the P5 Ill. team to 204 yards and 14 points

GOPHERS
Offense balenced
Passing 231 yards
Rusging 213 yards
Total yards 444
Scored 41 points and if you had 2 more minutes you would have put another 7 points on them.

Good Game
Party on Gophers

TALON

If you actually read what I posted I said “the 2nd half of the 4th quarter”. We were up 35-14 at that point. At a bare minimum Mo and Bateman did not need to be on the field.

Also, I said nothing about “going conservative.” I simply said get backups in the game. The backups can still run the offense...including throwing the occasional pass.
I stand corrected on second half of 4th, I was being sarcastic, not to you, but those who harped on Fleck for "going conservative" last week with a lead.

I don't konw about that. You held the P5 Ill. team to 204 yards and 14 points

GOPHERS
Offense balenced
Passing 231 yards
Rusging 213 yards
Total yards 444
Scored 41 points and if you had 2 more minutes you would have put another 7 points on them.

Good Game
Party on Gophers

TALON
Not sure where you got your yardage stats and...spellcheck.

I stand corrected on second half of 4th, I was being sarcastic, not to you, but those who harped on Fleck for "going conservative" last week with a lead.
Give it a rest.

Good win. Illinois is terrible.

There was absolutely zero reason for Mo or Tanner or Bateman to be on the field the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. Other guys need reps and it is obvious they are going to lean on Mo for the remainder of the season. We play Iowa in 6 days and his backup was already in a boot. Coaching malpractice IMO.
Fleck’s teams always get better the more they play. No practice games this year was a huge problem. Keep the regular guys on the field as much as possible especially against a team like Illinois. Every down is valuable experience. This is a very short season to begin with - more sprint than marathon.

Espn had their stats messed up it looks lke you quoted 3rd quarter stats the stats are correct now.

What a laughable comment. After Morgan's INT, what did they do for the next two series?

I'm not going to argue with you because you obviously are set on your own opinion, and that is fine. I have my own views and I could care less if you agree or not.

Unfortunately I have nothing ot contribute to the various pissing contests going in in this thread.

My only thought is that the O-Line was pretty impressive yesterday. I can only imagine if Curtis and Big Dan were playing - how much better would they be?

Just had a chance to watch it out of the corner of my eye and Gordon at LB really popped in terms of athleticism. He’s going to be one to watch and a much needed infusion of speed. Nubin seemed to improve. Nice to see the defensive line feast. Mo continues to roll. Bateman had a nice game. Agree Tanner seems to be a hair off target this year but could be a multitude of things. To my eye his throwing motion looks slightly different at times. I don’t know if one of his internal or external coaches have been doing the “tennis ball” thing or it’s just my wild imagination. Place kicking, XP shouldn't be high drama but it is.

Overall the team seems to be getting up a head of steam heading into an important weekend but still plenty of concern defensively (and offensively) vs a team like Iowa. I have no idea what’s going to happen. The guys will be motivated and hopefully playing a little looser and faster.

Stats from ESPN - Spellcheck- I dond use it.

Please put the right stats for both teams on this thread!
This is a classic post. A spelling error in a post about not using spellcheck!

Fun fact (kind of ironic): spellcheck also has other acceptable spellings (spell-check and spell check).

This is a classic post. A spelling error in a post about not using spellcheck!

Fun fact (kind of ironic): spellcheck also has other acceptable spellings (spell-check and spell check).

FUNNY YOU SHOULD BRING THIS UP! :)
Not according to some on this board, You must use the computer term spellcheck & can not use 2 words as in spell check because its not correct in English grammar.

FUNNY YOU SHOULD BRING THIS UP! :)
Not according to some on this board, You must use the computer term spellcheck & can not use 2 words as in spell check because its not correct in English grammar.
Not actually what Word was referring to, but hey...

Top Bottom