Post Game Thread: Gophers Lose to North Carolina

Special Teams got worse. Offense is horrendous. Coaching is terrible as usual. Defense did what they could, but our once good kicker had too many years under Wegner.

Need better passing routes. So basic no one can get open.

I think this is a good year to take a step back. I may watch the rivalry games, but I hate poisoning really good college football with cheering for this lackluster team.

PJ seems to struggle coming up with an offense when he can't lean on an NFL caliber receiver inherited from the previous regime.

I think this is a good year to take a step back. I may watch the rivalry games, but I hate poisoning really good college football with cheering for this lackluster team.
Very true. I was excited to watch a lot of CFB this weekend. Gophers know just how to deflate that feeling. But I'm gunna power through and put this team behind me for now.

• Pathetic playcalling and OC game plan for the first 90% of the game. Harbaugh has shown zero evidence that he deserves an FBS job. PJ is a WR and we still have this type of offense, something is wrong
  • Lindenberg is solid but we need to figure out a better rotation at LB. Too many missed tackles
  • O-Line got punked and bullied all night. Zero push.
  • Hard to hate on the kid but Dragan needs to make those field goals. Zero excuse. Unacceptable

If Kicker Dragan has become undependable, PJ can’t play for razor thin margins. If we don’t find a way throw downfield (other than during the last 2 minutes of the game), this is at best a 3-4 win season. Give Brosmer a chance.

Poor blocking, poor tackling, too many penalties, still don't have a pass game. 4 wins might be the ceiling. Tonight needed to be a win. Fleck gave us a lot of positive things but this ship seems to be sinking.

I was a huge Fleck fan 5 years ago. Patterned some of my management styles his way and still believe in the philosophies. But at some point reality needs to match expectations. Seems expectations peaked with a combination of players before him and his players. Plus a competent offensive scheme to fit those players. Today, whatever that combination was is not existent. I am definitely not smart enough to fix anything, but I'm in agreement that something needs to change for this program to be successful. Otherwise there is very little reason to give a shit.

There are two positives for me. First, the defense looked much better. We didn’t give up the break your back play. Last year, we would have given up a touchdown just before the end of the first half. The second positive for me is Brosmer. If you didn’t think he was going to need time to settle in, then that is on you. He got more comfortable as the game went on and that was obvious. We have a quarterback we can work with here. He’ll get much more comfortable with his receivers in the game the next two weeks and we will be ready for Iowa.

The negatives? Too many penalties on defense in crucial situations. At least three drives I remember extended because of penalties. And I don’t know what to say about Kesich.

This was the game we should’ve won by 10 points. We gave it away. If we correct those mistakes, we are going to be fine.

If Dragan makes the last kick, I’d be telling myself the real Brosmer is the one we saw on the last drive, and that the team would get right during the next two weeks.

But the truth is that our teams under Fleck have been painfully boring to watch since 2019. It’s just not fun football. Sure we’ll run some teams to death (and our RB in the process), but we haven’t had a 40-yard pass play in over a year? I wonder if we’ve had a 40-yard rush during that span. It’s like our offense is purposefully built to avoid big plays.

I know we could be (and have been) much worse, but I can’t remember the last time I had fun watching the gophers win a game. Maybe @ MSU in 2022?

I'm disheartened and generally disappointed. The games where we lose at the end are the hardest. This feels like the kind of loss that can turn everyone on the team against eachother and start a downward spiral because they all put themselves in a position to both win and lose, everyone is accountable for the outcome. Defense the least so.

I won't believe for one second that there was a single Gopher fan across the country that wasn't visualizing a missed field goal before the kick. This is the life of a Minnesota sports fan. I think this is a rivalry focused season, let's keep our sights on holding onto Floyd.

If Dragan makes the last kick, I’d be telling myself the real Brosmer is the one we saw on the last drive, and that the team would get right during the next two weeks.

But the truth is that our teams under Fleck have been painfully boring to watch since 2019. It’s just not fun football. Sure we’ll run some teams to death (and our RB in the process), but we haven’t had a 40-yard pass play in over a year? I wonder if we’ve had a 40-yard rush during that span. It’s like our offense is purposefully built to avoid big plays.

I know we could be (and have been) much worse, but I can’t remember the last time I had fun watching the gophers win a game. Maybe @ MSU in 2022?
Cuz we should know the answer. We had one 40 yard rush by DT last year vs NW

All we have left is the Iowa & Wisconsin games, yayyy! Doesn’t really matter if they lose to Rhode Island now.

Top Bottom