POST GAME THREAD: Gophers Get Convincing Win Over MSU

Nice win and let’s get a streak going. Attendance is embarrassing. Half full tiny ass stadium. Biggest city in the whole conference.
Not as much today late first half and second but it’s boring ass football.

It’s too cold!
I’m going hunting!
I’m saving my money for a Timberwolves game!
I have to rake leaves!
We lost to Northwestern!
We don’t score enough when we win!

Land of 10,000 excuses to not fill our mini-stadium.

It’s too cold!
I’m going hunting!
I’m saving my money for a Timberwolves game!
I have to rake leaves!
We lost to Northwestern!

Land of 10,000 excuses to not fill our mini-stadium.
Did you go ?

Columbus is the largest city in Ohio and has nearly twice the population of Minneapolis.
Maybe the city but the metro isn’t as big. Plus Ohio state seems to have millions of super annoying fans all over the Fkn states.

Generally solid performance by the defense. MSU got 2 FG off of MN turnovers. after that, they didn't do squat until they put in the backup QB and he started running.

For the Gophers, it was a very Fleckish game - minus the turnovers. Control the ball, control time of possession. AK looked sharper throwing the ball in the 1st half.

Yes, I was cringing a little on J Nubin running the ball 40 times. But Tyler is now buried even deeper in the doghouse, so if Taylor or Evans can't play next week, I think we see Marquese Williams.

Columbus is the largest city in Ohio and has nearly twice the population of Minneapolis.
Nice try. massive difference in local population.
minny 16 biggest metro area
colum 32, slightly smaller than cincy

The Cyclones are nearly as big in Iowa as the Hawkeyes.

There may be a reason for Minnesotans to be disloyal front runners, but it doesn’t eliminate the fact that they are.
The Cyclones might be pretty big along I35 north of Des Moines, but the Hawkeyes dominate the state pretty convincingly!

It is starting to bug me that AK throws those off balance jump passes all the time when he rolls right! Most of the time he has time to set his feet and throw a strike to his target.

Columbus is actually the biggest city in the conference. Minneapolis isn't a close second!
Yep but Columbus metro area is 2.1m and Minneapolis is 3.6m according to google I realize the metro area for northwestern is Chicago but their attendance is so sad it was not considered. Either way with 3.6m it’s hard to believe they can’t fill that stadium regularly. They are a 5-3 team that’s playing well enough and just won a huge game.

Yep but Columbus metro area is 2.1m and Minneapolis is 3.6m according to google I realize the metro area for northwestern is Chicago but their attendance is so sad it was not considered. Either way with 3.6m it’s hard to believe they can’t fill that stadium regularly. They are a 5-3 team that’s playing well enough and just won a huge game.
As I mentioned in post #106, Minnesota currently is in the fourth largest metro area and will drop to sixth next year so going by metro area is also off the mark.

All depends upon how well Taylor and Evans recuperate. I don't think you can put Tyler back in and I don't think you can continue to rush Nubin 40 times per game.
You can put Tyler back in. In fact, you have to put Tyler back in. Getting 40 carries out of Nubin (who wasn’t a RB in HS, and came to the U as a walk-on DB) in one game is great; to have Nubin carry that load alone for several games is not realistic. We need a two back rotation. We need Tyler to make a positive contribution, We also need our coaches to put Tyler in a position to succeed by play-calling that utilizes his best abilities rather than showcases his deficiencies. The swing pass play to Tyler is an example of utilizing his strengths; too bad his knee hit ground. Tyler isn’t a RUTM guy. With the injuries we have to RBs, it is strange to use Tyler on calls that are his weakness. It is in our interest to call plays for Tyler that are in his wheelhouse: getting the ball in space.

New slogan: "Next dozen men up."

Hey, can we have another six RBs?

As I mentioned in post #106, Minnesota currently is in the fourth largest metro area and will drop to sixth next year so going by metro area is also off the mark.
Yep i forgot about the 2 big schools out east. Everyone is right and I’m wrong. I bet the kids love coming out to a half full stadium after taking down a huge rival. Probably awesome for recruiting also to bring the prospects to a half empty stadium.

I guess those complaining about Gopher attendance didn’t see the pictures of the “sold out” crowd in Lincoln or earlier this year at the sparse crowds at USC and UCLA when it was too “hot”. MN crowds can definitely be a bit fair weathered but we are hardly alone in this.

Yep i forgot about the 2 big schools out east. Everyone is right and I’m wrong. I bet the kids love coming out to a half full stadium after taking down a huge rival. Probably awesome for recruiting also to bring the prospects to a half empty stadium.
Again, it wasn't half full or half empty, since you are using both. Explained it in post #92. Queen was also in town for two sold out shows.

Who was the huge rival?

Iowa was a road game. Not sure I'm following you but whatever.
Post was referring to the gophers coming out last Saturday to a half full stadium after taking down Iowa the week before in a big win for the program, I would think that’s kind of a buzz kill.

That win at Iowa kind of got the gophers back in the mix. I thought that would build some excitement for the fans to turn out.

Top Bottom