Post Game Thread - Gophers CRUSH Western Illinois. Sound off!

I couldn’t do that. I used to be able to do 100 pushups in a set, a long time ago, but even then I couldn’t do 353 in a three hour period.
Goldy hung in there well Saturday...that last set was a killer with the last 10-15 sort of head bobs. Not complaining, I would have been winded after completing the first set...

Anyone else get a little chuckle out of Western Illinois putting “Pound the Rock” on their helmet bumpers and producing 35 rushing yards on 19 carries?
I too had noticed this at some point during the game when the camera zoomed in on them. Had me chuckling pretty good

Goldy hung in there well Saturday...that last set was a killer with the last 10-15 sort of head bobs. Not complaining, I would have been winded after completing the first set...
Goldy definitely had those kind of days in the Mason years. Lots of shoulder shrugs and neck bobs. Goldy and the spirit squad holding him up all deserve rest after Saturday's game.

Goldy definitely had those kind of days in the Mason years. Lots of shoulder shrugs and neck bobs. Goldy and the spirit squad holding him up all deserve rest after Saturday's game.
No kidding. Hate to say it, but no rest for the weary...Saturday will bring another wave of push-ups.

There was a couple seconds at the end of the game during his last set of pushups where they showed Goldy on TV, and he faltered mid pushup and went onto his knees for a second before resuming a full plank pushup position.

Absolutely rough, even with the fact that they have multiple Goldy's they swap out during the game. Maybe doing 100 pushups in a row in the costume needs to become a requirement for becoming Goldy....

There was a couple seconds at the end of the game during his last set of pushups where they showed Goldy on TV, and he faltered mid pushup and went onto his knees for a second before resuming a full plank pushup position.

Absolutely rough, even with the fact that they have multiple Goldy's they swap out during the game. Maybe doing 100 pushups in a row in the costume needs to become a requirement for becoming Goldy....
It would be hilarious if Goldy came out Saturday in one of those muscle suits...

1663022337664.png

Has anyone noticed that the Dance Team or Spirit Squad...don't know which...and maybe some other group...now has a guy member?

He's good from a distance and no issues from the Billds.

Has anyone noticed that the Dance Team or Spirit Squad...don't know which...and maybe some other group...now has a guy member?

He's good from a distance and no issues from the Billds.
Yes. He is on the dance team. I’ll be curious to see if he will participate when they reach their own competitive season.

It is also interesting to note the spirit squad has shrunk compared to recent years. There always used to be 3 rotating groups:

1. Dance team
2. Male/female cheerleaders
3. All-women cheerleaders

The dance team is relatively unchanged (other than it now has one dude), but it seems as though they shrunk the all-women cheerleading group and combined it with the male/female group. Unless my memory and observational skills are faulty, the two groups now rotate back and forth between two locations as opposed to the three locations that used to rotate among three groups.

Watching what our Gophers did to the Leathernecks had me questioning if PJ pulled the reigns back significantly against NMSU as to not completely embarrass Jerry Kill. I think Minnesota could hung 80 on the Aggies if they really wanted to. I have no issue with putting 80 on Sanford and Colorado next week.

We are typically snapping the ball with 5-10 seconds on the play clock. This is a big improvement and brings order to the offense.
Answers the question in regards to was it Fleck or Sanford that wanted the offense making adjustments and running around like lunatics in the backfield right up to the final second of the play clock last year.

Not surprised to find that the answer was Sanford. Fleck wants to play conservative, ball control, offense but what we were doing last year was ridiculous.

Answers the question in regards to was it Fleck or Sanford that wanted the offense making adjustments and running around like lunatics in the backfield right up to the final second of the play clock last year.

Not surprised to find that the answer was Sanford. Fleck wants to play conservative, ball control, offense but what we were doing last year was ridiculous.
Also goes back to how KC sets up the offense...a handful of looks that run a multitude of different plays. Keeps the defense guessing and they also allow for straightforward preset reads for the QB.

The one-second panic drill was on full display last night with Russel Wilson and Denver. Countless snaps while play clock was moving from one to zero and two delay penalties during one set of downs. Result was sheer panic, botched plays near the goal line and two fumbles.

This level of disorder, even for an All Pro QB and NFL offense, is a disaster.

The one-second panic drill was on full display last night with Russel Wilson and Denver. Countless snaps while play clock was moving from one to zero and two delay penalties during one set of downs. Result was sheer panic, botched plays near the goal line and two fumbles.

This level of disorder, even for an All Pro QB and NFL offense, is a disaster.
Russell Wilson not knowing what time is on the clock you say?

Top Bottom