Post game notes following FSU win-Pitino says it was the most patient and toughest...

I never like to blame a game on officiating but last night was atrocious. With the people sitting around me we kept joking that hightower really loves to blow that whistle. Last night if you breathed on a guy you were called for a foul. Towards the end of the game in started to work in our favor but the game would take forever just because of the 500+ fouls called.

I wonder how other fans feel about Hightower, I feel like the hatred of Ed goes as far back as the Dutcher days. Also is he on Rogane? Doesn't look as grey or bald, why I wasn't sure it was him until those infuriating ticky tac fouls.

Hightower can get me heated up by some of the calls he makes and the way he dramatizes his call. In the same token I also like him because he does make things dicey and intense.

He actually displayed very good hands for a man his size when he first started playing here. How many game minutes has he had over the last two years? You think that might have anything to do with it before you give your snarky description of his abilities?

Mo muffed a couple last night but appeasr to have decent hands in the total body of work. I believe that I can jump higher than him, however, which isn't a good thing given that I was buried on the bench in a small high school in MN because Coach Denny Beckendorf didn't like my elevation!!!

Small minutes, but I think Buggs really showed a solid contributions at the end of the half defensively and with his bucket. He really plugged driving lanes and disrupted a few passing options while he was in there. Overall the gophs picked up pace on their defensive efficiency after a late half slide. I hope Pitino grants him more time before the conference play starts especially after seeing the mess EE, Mo and King got into with the fouls mid second half.

Also Deandre Matthieu really needs to learn how to dish the ball when he drives. At least he could pass it out to the perimeter one every 3-4 drives instead of forcing turnovers. He would be way more effective because defenses tend to try to collapse on him when he gets into the paint. Please Pitino get Matthieu to reduce his abnormally high turnover rate — thats all i want for christmas.

Small minutes, but I think Buggs really showed a solid contributions at the end of the half defensively and with his bucket. He really plugged driving lanes and disrupted a few passing options while he was in there. Overall the gophs picked up pace on their defensive efficiency after a late half slide. I hope Pitino grants him more time before the conference play starts especially after seeing the mess EE, Mo and King got into with the fouls mid second half.

Thought the same thing about Buggs. Wally still seems lost out there, though

Thought the same thing about Buggs. Wally still seems lost out there, though

Wally is showing encouraging stats based on potential (even though people argue with me that stats lie). when passed the ball he makes smart passing plays and has very minimal turnovers based on time played.

I wish he would transform himself more to this teams dynamic and I wish to see more from him — so don't get me wrong. FSU was a very bad match up for Wally hence why he was on the shortest leash of the season for him. FSU is a speed team and showed signs that they can play our game better then us (They showed that in the first half) and Wally's defensive speed is super slow and reminds me of Blake Hoffaharber. Anyone and their mother can blow by them.

Dare I say we are witnessing a difference in practice effort between Buggs and Wally? Buggs has shown more improvement with less minutes while still sharing similar deficiencies to Walley like Speed.

Wally is showing encouraging stats based on potential (even though people argue with me that stats lie). when passed the ball he makes smart passing plays and has very minimal turnovers based on time played.

I wish he would transform himself more to this teams dynamic and I wish to see more from him — so don't get me wrong. FSU was a very bad match up for Wally hence why he was on the shortest leash of the season for him. FSU is a speed team and showed signs that they can play our game better then us (They showed that in the first half) and Wally's defensive speed is super slow and reminds me of Blake Hoffaharber. Anyone and their mother can blow by them.

Dare I say we are witnessing a difference in practice effort between Buggs and Wally? Buggs has shown more improvement with less minutes while still sharing similar deficiencies to Walley like Speed.

Good posts. l loved you on The Jeffersons, by the way!

Waoh, did I sh1t in your Wheaties or something?

Fact or fiction? Mo has difficulty handling passes that are thrown to him on dishes/lobs/anything other than a perfect feed?

Did I say Mo sucks? Did I say he should be benched? Did I say he didn't have good hands when he got here (debatable)? Fact is the guy lacks touch and finesse, its his biggest flaw, and 'Dre isn't going to have him to rely on for his drive and dish unless he works hard on it.

Disagree with that statement?

The snarkiness, not sure why it offends you, this IS a message board, snarkiness is a prereq, was part of the terms agreement when you signed up.

Where's Dr. Don the drunken board cop to get all medieval on your behind for being negative about Walker? I dared to criticize Walker's early season play on the FSU game message board and got an earful of skunky beer breath laden profanities from the ol' guy.

By the way, yes, Mo has displayed hands of stone on offense and feet cemented to the floor on D/rebounding, which was the main point of my negativity. Admittedly, he had a pretty decent second half of the FSU game, and a few aggressive plays and rebounds, to my pleasant surprise. Maybe he's turning the corner; we can hope! EE needs a backup. On EE, man if he could only finish, he'd be something special.

Dre actually has a very good assist to turnover ratio (2.5). He does need to recognize when its one on three and what he can get away with versus big ten players. He hasnt turned it over on some of these drives but he has put up bad shots. Kudos on the basket over the 7'3" guy though that got me out of my seat! I love the pure pg and will take him anyday over a combo guard trying to play the point. He has made a very good adjustment in his first year, Juco's usually take longer than this to get acclimated. Andre Hollins 1.5 ass/to.

Also Deandre Matthieu really needs to learn how to dish the ball when he drives. At least he could pass it out to the perimeter one every 3-4 drives instead of forcing turnovers. He would be way more effective because defenses tend to try to collapse on him when he gets into the paint. Please Pitino get Matthieu to reduce his abnormally high turnover rate — thats all i want for christmas.

Dre actually has a very good assist to turnover ratio (2.5). He does need to recognize when its one on three and what he can get away with versus big ten players. He hasnt turned it over on some of these drives but he has put up bad shots. Kudos on the basket over the 7'3" guy though that got me out of my seat! I love the pure pg and will take him anyday over a combo guard trying to play the point. He has made a very good adjustment in his first year, Juco's usually take longer than this to get acclimated. Andre Hollins 1.5 ass/to.

Yes I will take the true guard any day as well. I really wish he would look at how Ty Lawson manages his drives. Just by utilizing perimeter dishes opens up all kind of opportunities even scoring himself.

Right now the scouting report says to collapse on Mathieu after he beats his match up because 9-10 times he already made the decision to shoot.

That shot/ floater over that FSU giant was awesome and can only give kudos to that.

I would not change anything else. His intensity is great! But having a TOV% 18.5 is still high -- improved since Maui, but way too high.

I am not familiar with the TOV so I cannot do any research. All of our players can improve. Junior college guys usually need time to adjust. But I am extactic to have him and have longed for a pure pg since Nolen so I am just being defensive about him. I agree until that basket he was starting his drives 25 feet from the basket and wasn't converting over all that length. If he hits a few more open shooters and people cutting he may get that assist number above 6 a game which would be among the best in big ten!

Where's Dr. Don the drunken board cop to get all medieval on your behind for being negative about Walker? I dared to criticize Walker's early season play on the FSU game message board and got an earful of skunky beer breath laden profanities from the ol' guy.

By the way, yes, Mo has displayed hands of stone on offense and feet cemented to the floor on D/rebounding, which was the main point of my negativity. Admittedly, he had a pretty decent second half of the FSU game, and a few aggressive plays and rebounds, to my pleasant surprise. Maybe he's turning the corner; we can hope! EE needs a backup. On EE, man if he could only finish, he'd be something special.

Now just a minute, buster. A few things: 1. I never called you personal insulting names as you just did, I just called you on your continuous and never ending insulting and personal comments about our players. 2. If you go read the entire FSU game thread, you will see that I was not the only one. 3. You accused me of "skunky beer breath laden profanities", when I never swore at you.

So therefore I will now be guilty as charged you insolent immature son of a bitch.

Top Bottom