Possible screen saver?

GopherLady

Reaction score
I know it was posted on here that 5000 freshman were going to for the "M"...and here it is. Awesome!!!!

P.S. Just in case you didn't know this - click on it to enlarge it.

Attachments

• U of MN Image.jpg
    U of MN Image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 394

I know it was posted on here that 5000 freshman were going to for the "M"...and here it is. Awesome!!!!

P.S. Just in case you didn't know this - click on it to enlarge it.

That is the greatest thing I've seen tonight.

I'm in that picture, GL! One of the border people in the gold shirts along the top of the M on the left side.

The students were roaring tonight! It was seriously loud and there were only 5K (half of the student section)

I'm in that picture, GL! One of the border people in the gold shirts along the top of the M on the left side.

The students were roaring tonight! It was seriously loud and there were only 5K (half of the student section)

This is fantastic to be part of this, you should be proud! You should send it out as your Christmas card :)

Just made it my background image. My son and niece are both in that picture!

I was in this too. The picture is incredible, however the thing I was most psyched about after tonight was the volume and just the student section as a whole; 5,000 freshman packed the entire lower student section (and spilled into some season ticket seats) and the noise on the field was astounding. My roommate commented that he was probably going to want earplugs sitting in the band pit because the noise was ridiculous at only half capacity. Once we fill up the upper deck seats, I would hate to be the visiting team down near that end zone. When Brewster led the "we are---Minnesota" chant, you could hear it echo probably all the way to SuperBlock. Can't waiiiiiiit for the season to start.

just sweet. it will be so loud i better need ear plugs over in 138!

me and some friends were heading east on university ave to the turf club tonight....

and lucky us.......we just happened to get to the intersection of university & oak right as all 5,000+ freshman were making their way into the bank! it was so cool to see all of the people in maroon & gold that we didn't even care that it took what seemed like 10 minutes just to get through the light.

:)

I love that because of the size of our school, we have to make an "M" stretch sideline to sideline. The Washingtion "W" posted on facebook was only 2/3 of the field and definitely skinnier. Cool pic! I heard it took forever to get it done, but I hope it becomes a tradition (granted first time they ever did it).

I have a son in there as well. He seemed pretty excited about it!

Might be the best picture I've ever seen. Makes me feel proud to be a alumni and a student section regular during my time at the U. I never came late, never left early, and judging by this picture, neither will the newest crop of Sconnie bashing, Iowa hating Gopher students.

SKI U MAH

hehe. i love that they use freshmen like they are lawn ornaments.

That is awesome!

Beats my orientation inside the old Coffman.

Ladies and Gents....this is the sleeping giant that is being awakened.

Starting with these freshman and every class to come and parts of classes past will reconnect with the U.

SKI-U-MAH!

GM

When Brewster led the "we are---Minnesota" chant, you could hear it echo probably all the way to SuperBlock. Can't waiiiiiiit for the season to start.

As cool as this must have sounded, i hope we dont try to steal that Penn St. cheer.

If we must use that pattern, might I suggest "who hates.....Iowa??" ..... "we hate.....Iowa!!"

I much prefer the Ski-U-Mah suggestion put forth months ago. Three parts fits the three sides of the stadium. Students get the "U". You get the Idea.

There is a Ski-U-Mah chant in the works. We'll see how it catches on. Everything else remains about the same, including the much discussed/hated "That's another Golden Gophers...1st down" chant.

Top Bottom