Possible Offseason Transfers?

Dre is the main concern. That would be a crushing blow.

I doubt Dre would want to sit out a year. He's definitely on-track to an NBA audition. But yeah, that would devastate us.

I don't know, GophersInIowa was saying that Tubby wasn't giving Iverson enough minutes

Iverson got minutes. His freshman year he actually looked promising. By his junior year, he looked poor. He lost his confidence.
Sampson got more minutes as a freshman. His freshman year he actually looked promising. The more he played, the worse he got. He lost his confidence.
Rodney Williams was lost as a freshman. He showed a bit last year, but overall, never matured as a player. He rarely had confidence in his abilities unless it was a dunk.
Cobbs showed some athletic ability, shooting and a handle as a freshman. By the end of the year, he looked poor. He lost his confidence. If you watch him now, he would have really made this team better if he'd matured here that way. I doubt he would have though.

Overall, this is my biggest problem. Players rarely get better, and if they do, not much. Many players seem to get worse. This is incomprehensible. I'm sure coaches work on stuff, but when they get on the game floor, things seem to disappear. Progress seems to disappear. Confidence is scarce.

How will this change next year? Doubtful if it can.

Andre Hollins has to be a feature player and easily could lead the Big Ten in scoring. He is a premier shooter. We need a PG that can allow him to come off screens and curls. He can't be a lead ballhandler in the Big Ten.

As you deduct Oto and Maverick and a couple others, you have to find guys to bring in.

This program is in real trouble. This may be a classic case of damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't (fire Tubby).

Iverson got minutes. His freshman year he actually looked promising. By his junior year, he looked poor. He lost his confidence.
Sampson got more minutes as a freshman. His freshman year he actually looked promising. The more he played, the worse he got. He lost his confidence.
Rodney Williams was lost as a freshman. He showed a bit last year, but overall, never matured as a player. He rarely had confidence in his abilities unless it was a dunk.
Cobbs showed some athletic ability, shooting and a handle as a freshman. By the end of the year, he looked poor. He lost his confidence. If you watch him now, he would have really made this team better if he'd matured here that way. I doubt he would have though.

Overall, this is my biggest problem. Players rarely get better, and if they do, not much. Many players seem to get worse. This is incomprehensible. I'm sure coaches work on stuff, but when they get on the game floor, things seem to disappear. Progress seems to disappear. Confidence is scarce.

How will this change next year? Doubtful if it can.

Andre Hollins has to be a feature player and easily could lead the Big Ten in scoring. He is a premier shooter. We need a PG that can allow him to come off screens and curls. He can't be a lead ballhandler in the Big Ten.

As you deduct Oto and Maverick and a couple others, you have to find guys to bring in.

This program is in real trouble. This may be a classic case of damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't (fire Tubby).

Nonsense. We have 8 players coming back, 7 of whom have lettered at least twice. Buggs, Ellis, and Foster all look like solid additions. The Barn is once again the Big Green Money Machine and it looks like local players are going to start filling some of our needs. It's just another day at the office.

If I had any thoughts on who may transfer I wouldn't post them here at this time, but I will say this: for those who have already redshirted, transferring would mean they throw away a year of competition due to the Five-Year Rule.

Thinking of the current 'sophomore' class... Mo, EE, and Oto all are in their third year of college.. only two years left to play two years. Transfer to another school and they sit for one, play for one and would be done.

OT: Interesting article on Smart to MN, GW. Some good points raised. Going to be a fun off season regardless of what decisions are made.

Good idea, run off players off a team that is struggling with depth already. Oto may not be shooting well, but he played quite well against UCLA and did some good things this year. Mav was up and down also; he can hit shots and run the point, but is prone to turnovers (like our whole team...).

Don't really like the whole "let's specify specific players and say we want them gone" thing... That's not being a fan.

It's not so much that, it's more an encouragement like "Oto, we think it may be in your best interest to possibly transfer out to a mid-major university, where you might fit in better, and develop a little more success than you possibly could here".

It's sort of like, well what do you do when a guy is so far overmatched that he just can't compete at this level?

Top Bottom