Possible hurricane game vs UNC

Maybe the NC stadium could put the game up on their big board for the Gopher fans that traveled?

What "rule" are you referring to? If the game is cancelled there would be no game this year. If the game was postponed wouldn't it be subject to a reschedule which would be difficult as both teams don't have the same open weekend. If the game would be rescheduled to Minneapolis on 9/16 due to a "rule", when would that decision have to be made?
1693928913539.png

So like what?

30% casualties?
Maybe. This is the first tropical depression in the history of the National Hurricane Center to get a Category 4+ projection in the initial forecast.

Likely to stay offshore, but climate change is making these things a doozy. I've recorded 94 degree seas in Tampa Bay in the last few weeks.
F5RX4CGXgAAVNFA.jpeg

I have a feeling people in the Carolinas would react to this hurricane watch and discussion the same way many of us did to the Cornhuskers' fear of crime in Minneapolis.
I think the comparison here is apples and oranges. One concern is fictitious, the other is very, very real.

I preemptively called the hotel I’m staying at and requested a room on at least the second floor in case of flooding. I’m driving, so I will park on at least the second floor of the hotel parking ramp as well. As soon as I get into town, I’m loading up on at least three 24 packs of bottled water (one I will keep in the car, the other 2 will be in the room) and a few days worth of gummy worms and beef jerky. I think all this planning will comfortably get me through the storm.

Lastly, if any of you losers get flooded out of your rooms due to being ill-prepared, you can come to my hurricane party. But you can’t stay the night.

I think the comparison here is apples and oranges. One concern is fictitious, the other is very, very real.

I preemptively called the hotel I’m staying at and requested a room on at least the second floor in case of flooding. I’m driving, so I will park on at least the second floor of the hotel parking ramp as well. As soon as I get into town, I’m loading up on at least three 24 packs of bottled water (one I will keep in the car, the other 2 will be in the room) and a few days worth of gummy worms and beef jerky. I think all this planning will comfortably get me through the storm.

Lastly, if any of you losers get flooded out of your rooms due to being ill-prepared, you can come to my hurricane party. But you can’t stay the night.
Don't discount keeping some weaker folks around in case you need to eat...

What it they bring zip ties and 🦆 tape?

I have a feeling people in the Carolinas would react to this hurricane watch and discussion the same way many of us did to the Cornhuskers' fear of crime in Minneapolis.
Depends on if you live in the mountains or the Outer Banks

for Gopher fans going to Chapel Hill the only real concern is maybe with travel plans or a rain-soaked football game. Nobody should stay away from Chapel Hill for fear of a hurricane but it could complicate some things.

But in OBX stuff like this is high stakes.

Maybe. This is the first tropical depression in the history of the National Hurricane Center to get a Category 4+ projection in the initial forecast.

Likely to stay offshore, but climate change is making these things a doozy. I've recorded 94 degree seas in Tampa Bay in the last few weeks.
View attachment 26761
Climate change has been occurring a few billion years. What was the biggest storm to hit N. Carolina 40,000 years ago? Do you know?

The forecasters are saying the faster it intensifies the more likely it is to recurve out to sea. I'm not sure I'm comfortable hoping that a storm intensifies.

After last week I’m not sure running game centric weather is to our advantage.

Weather Channel early weather forecast for Saturday at UNC:

Sat 09 | Day​

85°

49%
SSE7 mph
Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. High near 85F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
  • Humidity75%
  • UV Index7 of 11
  • Sunrise6:52 am
  • Sunset7:31 pm

Weather Channel early weather forecast for Saturday at UNC:

Sat 09 | Day​

85°

49%
SSE7 mph
Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. High near 85F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
  • Humidity75%
  • UV Index7 of 11
  • Sunrise6:52 am
  • Sunset7:31 pm
Too bad the game is a week later. Do you have the forecast for Sept 23rd by any chance? How about the 30th?

Too bad the game is a week later. Do you have the forecast for Sept 23rd by any chance? How about the 30th?
Oops! Br@in F%g! I have trouble with confusing times and dates thanks to Long Haul Covid. It robbed me of my career.

OT: It will be a nice evening for the game against EMU.

Minneapolis, Mn Sat 16 | Night​

58°

24%
SSW8 mph
A few clouds from time to time. Low 58F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Humidity64%
  • UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise8:21 am
    Waxing Crescent
  • Moonset8:07 pm

Nah better to point and laugh at the one who got triggered by an innocuous phrase.
Nah, it was done intentionally to cause this reaction. There's certain things you don't bring up in a forum like this in 2023 unless you're looking to stir the pot. Religion, abortion, climate change, gun control, Covid vaccines, etc.

Nah, it was done intentionally to cause this reaction. There's certain things you don't bring up in a forum like this in 2023 unless you're looking to stir the pot. Religion, abortion, climate change, gun control, Covid vaccines, etc.

The poster didn't say "man made" Dakota just inferred it and then got triggered. To me that will always be funny no matter the topic or what side of the fence the comment comes from. Overreactions are always fun that is why it is great to read game threads after the fact! I will mock all that have thin skin!

YMMV

Top Bottom