Positives

Coole and Bob?!

You two seriously questioning my validity as a Gopher or cbb fan?

Do you know me? Did I say something to insult you as a person? If I did I'm sorry. But if all I did was annoy you with the way I post or annoy you with how I think, well, who the hell are you to judge me and my validity as a Gopher fan?!

My resume as a cbb fan, as a sports fan, as a Gopher fan, as a MAN, are just fine, if not top notch. And like I said, if I've posted something that you felt was insulting, I would be willing to discuss it with you like mature adults. I'm MAN ENOUGH to admit when I've done something wrong or inappropriate, and can apologize to anyone I've harmed in any way.

But I am a Gopher fan, and always have been, from my earliest memories, but if you feel its somehow your place and your right to call that into question, well, I guess this is America.

And btw, what kind of name is bob loblaw?! You give me heck about my moniker, you don't seem like you should be one to talk. But I don't know, so that's why I'm asking instead of jumping at the chance to insult you about it.

Maybe not insulting me personally, my intelligence or lack there of maybe. Did I expect to win at tOSU? No I didn't. To say that it was just a loss is crap. That was an embarrassment and the team gave up. Had they lost a close competitive game I would have been more than ok with the loss. It just annoys a lot of us on this site when you come on here all sunshine and lollipops after a horrible loss. Nobody wants to read that crap that soon after a bad loss.

Coolew01 --

I think and am actually very certain, that there are many Gopher fans who can't stand all the negativity that goes on here after losses. So they may not necessarily like my brand of sunshine and lollipops, but many fans DO prefer reading some positive remarks after a loss.

And its not like there aren't DOZENS of eager volunteers ready and willing AND EVEN EAGER to post as much negative crap as they can after losses, so I doubt the negative camp is hurting without my contributions to its effort to get everyone as down as possible.

And you think the team giving up was an embarrassment?! Can fans of teams be an embarrassment to a program?! Because if they can, its possible that Gopher fans could get nominated for worst fans in cbb someday. Not ALL of them obviously, there are tons of incredible Gopher fans out there. But the bad few seem to give the decent many a bad rep. I'm not calling you out, a lot of it is stuff I see on twitter, SO much negativity, then I come here and theres more. Sorry if it bothers you, but for my own reasons, I enjoy working out a way to find the silver lining in bad situations.

jamalo --

I actually lost track, but for the first 18 games I believe we covered the spread in all 18 games. I thought I read that somewhere?! The NW game was the first game we didn't cover. And losing to Wisconsin by 1 on the road? I am guessing we were the favorites to win that game? So until we started to get off track, we were definitely over-achieving, or at least doing just good enough to be better than expected.

How many times have the Gophers covered in Big Ten games? I honestly don't know the answer, but would think that it would be a low percentage. That is where (as a non-gambler) that I would think that Tubby is underperforming the projections/statistics.

According to this site, the Gophers are 7-7-1 in conference play against the spread and 14-11-1 overall. I'm really surprised we were -5 against Wisconsin

http://www.thespread.com/ncaa-college-basketball-teams?task=show&page=cbb%2Fcbbteam&teamid=MINNESOTA&season=2013#.US5tQjc3J1M

A better February

Positives:

Much has been made of Tubby's February record (including by yours truly), but all things considered the Gophers had their best February (3-4) since 2009-10 when they went 4-3. That season only one of the four wins came vs. a team that ended up in the NCAA Tournament.

This season two of the three wins (Wisconsin, Indiana) came vs. sure-fire NCAA teams on a serious up-tick at the time we beat 'em (not to mention the #1 team in the country), and the other one (Iowa) still has an outside shot of making the tournament.

Looking for a silver lining, I know, but it is something, especially considering how much grief Tubby has taken for his February mark.

SS --

Oh, I know from experience, its a horrible thing to try to find a silver lining.

Yet I can sense it, that the negative nancies are trying hard to find something negative to point out about this win over the #1 team in the country. Even read a few posts that were far from positive, although not outright negative either.

I wish we would have seen the same effort displayed last night in the Iowa and Ohio State losses. Even if we still lost those games it would have been close. I think the effort level was night and day between last night nd the other two games.

Top Bottom