Positives Only

BTW, Can someone fetch the Broken Chair Trophy for Jerry Kill? (Faux Pellini, is that okay with you?)

He needs to borrow it for anger management for the first team meeting after today's game.

Gophers are 2-1 which is what I expected at this point of the season.

Leidner had some really nice throws. Eric Carter had some good catches. No more injuries sustained today? Scarver and Gant had their first catches.

TE's is the only position on offense I'm comfortable with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry didn't have a seizure watching his offense.

Antonio Johnson was a beast, he's not afraid to lay the wood.

My 5 yo son enjoyed his first game and doesn't care who the opponent was, the Gophers won so he was happy.

Positives - I went to a HS homecoming game Sat afternoon, and I had a really good bacon cheeseburger and fries at halftime.

Positives - Souhan is back to writing about how bad the Vikings are playing.

Positives - Sano hit a 453-foot home run today!

Positives - I'm having some ice cream and listening to "The Last Waltz" while typing this. It's impossible to feel bad when Levon Helm is singing "Up on Cripple Creek."

It will always be a number in the win or loss column. Never two paragraphs about how it was won or how it was lost or how crappy it was for win or loss. It is a number which is all that matters.

-Defense
-I actually thought Leidner didn't play poorly and threw some nice balls. He just needs to eliminate those very HUGE mistakes.
-Craig James: Even though he almost fumbled that one, I liked what he tried to do. Clearly he learned from some of his mistakes the week before.
-Won the game: always more fun venting about a game like this when you win than when you lose, like New Mexico State.

The program is at a level where expectations are raised, the fan base is engaged, and barely beating an inferior team invokes debate. All positives.

• Defense looks fantastic
• Great crowd for a cupcake
• Croft warming up on the sidelines means coaches may finally be ready to admit there needs to be a change

Top Bottom