Position chart vs Iowa released; Winfield jumps Ayinde

Winfield played well, he deserves it. I hope he has another good game and solidifies that spot.

Eeek. Look at the list of "out" DBs. 5 of them. Those 3 suspended guys aren't back, it'll be big trouble back there.

Carter Coughlin not out. Great news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not good...

Eeek. Look at the list of "out" DBs. 5 of them. Those 3 suspended guys aren't back, it'll be big trouble back there.

Last week we were down 6 DB's. Right now, we are down 8 DB's for Iowa. No, team can very easily excel with one position group that depleted. Let's hope the 3 suspended DB's are available for Iowa.

Is anyone surprised by this? Ayinde has been, well, whats worse than horrendous?

Really nice to see a guy as hard of a worker as Rallis finally getting a start as a 5th year senior after what he's been through in place of Poock. Nice to see Coughlin back as well. Hopefully we get Hardin and Buford back as I see Kiondre Thomas made the two deeps in place of Craighton and Durr.

A birdie told me Rashad Still will be back...

Ouch. That out list hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A birdie told me Rashad Still will be back...

For the game? I heard he will return to practice, but is still listed as out on chart.

For the game? I heard he will return to practice, but is still listed as out on chart.

Claeys just said on KFAN that it will depend on how practice goes and how he feels at the end of the week. Did say there was a chance though.

Claeys just said on KFAN that it will depend on how practice goes and how he feels at the end of the week. Did say there was a chance though.

Awesome Sauce.

Uh, It's called a position chart and there is already a thread. :)

I'm pretty sure most call it the depth chart...but thank you. Just got the email from the U, I need to just refrain from posting because I'm never 1st! :)

Winfield should play every snap till the Pig is guaranteed; Ayinde can go grab Floyd after the game (although Floyd will probably shake loose and go 65 yards for a TD)

Winfield should play every snap till the Pig is guaranteed; Ayinde can go grab Floyd after the game (although Floyd will probably shake loose and go 65 yards for a TD)

+6

Am I the only one who thinks that Devers might be a medical red shirt candidate? As I remember, the initial injury was a sprained ankle. Seems like little has been said about his returning to action. Everyone agrees that he needs to grow and add some weight without forfeiting his eligibility. Medical red shirt is the answer. Claeys has never indicated the success of this year's defense depends on Devers.

Am I the only one who thinks that Devers might be a medical red shirt candidate? As I remember, the initial injury was a sprained ankle. Seems like little has been said about his returning to action. Everyone agrees that he needs to grow and add some weight without forfeiting his eligibility. Medical red shirt is the answer. Claeys has never indicated the success of this year's defense depends on Devers.

Strange... He was not in a boot on the sideline and I saw him walking up and down the sideline trying to get but loose. I thought sure he would be back this week???

An ankle injury shouldn't take long to overcome.

It's a high ankle sprain. Those are trickier. Claeys said today, that there's a chance he might play, but for right now, he's out. Based on his role, he doesn't need to practice all week. If he can get back on the field by Thursday, he's got a shot to play.

There's a difference between a high ankle sprain and a regular ankle sprain, a regular sprain is day by day, for up to two weeks, a high ankle sprain is four to six weeks. No one has said what type of sprain it is.

I seldom laugh out loud when reading GH, but this post did it. Well done.

I am thinking that the board has roughed this kid up enough... & he is just that.... and I imagine he feels worse that any of us. My opinion.

If he comes back and is ready to play at some point, you can't just hold him out to get the medical waiver. You have to show that he couldn't play the rest of the season, including the bowl game. It's possible, but highly unlikely that is possible from his injury.

I am thinking that the board has roughed this kid up enough... & he is just that.... and I imagine he feels worse that any of us. My opinion.

I'm sure he does. But I'd bet he'd even laugh at that comment. That's good stuff.

I believe that is true for gratuitous shots, which this is. But it is really hard to discuss the issues with the defense without mentioning play at one safety position. I don't like using kids names in the discussion, especially walk-ons. But a lot of the general issues of missed assignments by the D from previous weeks seemed better this week, but not at that position.
I do believe your point is right. The kid has worked his tail off for 3 years to start, so the last 5 weeks have to have hurt. Dissing him is unnecessary.

Top Bottom