Portal - Potential Incoming players?

46Gophers

Reaction score
Figured having a place where folks can post about rumors, wants, etc. for the Gophers. Looks like Eric Wilson - OL from Harvard (Benilde St. Margaret) is looking to transfer up. Is he a possibility, I know we had interest before?

Figured having a place where folks can post about rumors, wants, etc. for the Gophers. Looks like Eric Wilson - OL from Harvard (Benilde St. Margaret) is looking to transfer up. Is he a possibility, I know we had interest before?
Didn’t he transfer to PSU back in January and play for them this past season?

As for wants I’d take olinemen, and anyone on defense.

Really good player at Eden Prairie. We had some interest out of HS but we probably stayed away because he is a bit undersized.
Listed at 6'0".- 222 lbs on the Rice roster. Similar size to Oliver on our current roster. Definitely on the smaller side but could be a candidate to come home for one last go around.

Eric Wilson had transferred to Penn State. He is on their roster.

The Transfer Portal will be a tougher rodeo for PJ Fleck. Every D1 program is looking to do what PJ Fleck did last season to upgrade the team depth.

The Transfer Portal will be a tougher rodeo for PJ Fleck. Every D1 program is looking to do what PJ Fleck did last season to upgrade the team depth.
Michigan State has more than 20 on this year's roster.

I think PJ actually excels in this area. Plus now he has a bunch of good references from Pinckney, Gibbens and Trickett. Not to mention MDT, Williamson and St Juste

Smaller guy in high school that appears to have bloomed a little bit. Looks like a hitter. Quick enough. Father is a high school defensive coordinator.

No idea what’s going on in the first 20sec of this reel 😄

In high school he was a track star. Takes an INT 97 yards to the house in the first clip of the highlight reel.

CB and NB seem like our clearest needs for the portal this off-season. We lose Durr, Howden, Harris and maybe TSmith. I don’t think anyone besides Wally even got reps at those spots, so seems like Stapp is worth a shot.

Anyone know who internally is “next up” at those spots?

CB and NB seem like our clearest needs for the portal this off-season. We lose Durr, Howden, Harris and maybe TSmith. I don’t think anyone besides Wally even got reps at those spots, so seems like Stapp is worth a shot.

Anyone know who internally is “next up” at those spots?
Not sure 100% where he was lined up but #11 Dixon was out there a fair amount against Wisconsin and made a huge hit on Shipper. #12 Glaze plays on special teams a lot and was the guy who helped save the Annexstad muffed punt and avert disaster.

Steven Ortiz is a high rated guy who could find his way into the mix next year. But depending on who decides to come back a transfer DB could make a ton of sense.

Not sure 100% where he was lined up but #11 Dixon was out there a fair amount against Wisconsin and made a huge hit on Shipper. #12 Glaze plays on special teams a lot and was the guy who helped save the Annexstad muffed punt and avert disaster.

Steven Ortiz is a high rated guy who could find his way into the mix next year. But depending on who decides to come back a transfer DB could make a ton of sense.
I believe that's a 3 S look we use on occasion.

Mile Fleming played a bit early in the season before he was injured. As you pointed out, Jalen Glaze plays quite a bit on special teams. I would also like to see T. Smith return next season.

The Gophers should hope that some of the OSU QB talent does the math and decides to leave and try on the Gophers. Not all of those guys are going to be able to start at OSU and CJ seems like the team is his for the next few years. 2 or the 4 should consider transferring. That would be good talent to add to the Gophers and allow them to have a bit of the 'revenge tour' if they truly believe in their abilities.

Top Bottom