Poll: How would you grade the Gophers coaching in the loss to Iowa?

• A

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • B

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • C

Votes: 37 19.7%
  • D

Votes: 59 31.4%
  • F

Votes: 57 30.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

C- We have no downfield threats, have to rely on Mo because that is all we have. Couple of nice runs by AK.

D was decent other than some big plays they bit on.

Another year of MN sports, need to win next week to salvage anything from this season.

Defense = C. KC and PJ = F. Equals a D.
Kirk is trying g to figure out how he can every lose to OJ. It may be impossible.

C- We have no downfield threats, have to rely on Mo because that is all we have. Couple of nice runs by AK.

Another year of MN sports, need to win next week to salvage anything from this season.
Not to pick on you only because you’re not the only one saying this but I don’t get these takes. I don’t think most people are saying to throw a bunch of bombs. But just mixing it up a bit by getting Athan out of the pocket once in awhile. Those are safe and easy plays. Just mix it up a little bit.

We saw the success when Athan kept it on a read option. It was there all game but we did it maybe once or twice? I don’t get it.

Need to upgrade on wrthese are average at best go into the portal off season and find some wide outs but of course good wide outs won't come because of p j conservative offense

It is obvious that the Gophers will forever be a mediocre football program, averaging between 6 and 7 wins per season. Any hopes for something better have been proven to be pipe dreams.

The coaching wasn't bad. It twice put them into position to win the game, but the two TOs killed them.
Coaches put them in a position to win. Players botched it. Sorry. PJ is still a bad game day coach. But asking AK to throw more against this defense would have resulted in a bigger loss. Mo put the team on his back, and it was the only way this game was gonna be close.

I'm more disappointed the defense got gashed for multiple big plays against an offense that was supposed to be terrible. We made Petras look like the best QB in the west.

Horrible timeout management, again.
Too much reliance on one player which wore him out late in the game.
Resistance to passing.
Can't have a passing game with below average receivers go find someone who can get open at least we now have a capable qb that can run some and a big arm

Coaches put them in a position to win. Players botched it. Sorry. PJ is still a bad game day coach. But asking AK to throw more against this defense would have resulted in a bigger loss. Mo put the team on his back, and it was the only way this game was gonna be close.

I'm more disappointed the defense got gashed for multiple big plays against an offense that was supposed to be terrible. We made Petras look like the best QB in the west.
The gopher linebackers have been caught all year not covering te and iowa saw that on film

Not to pick on you only because you’re not the only one saying this but I don’t get these takes. I don’t think most people are saying to throw a bunch of bombs. But just mixing it up a bit by getting Athan out of the pocket once in awhile. Those are safe and easy plays. Just mix it up a little bit.

We saw the success when Athan kept it on a read option. It was there all game but we did it maybe once or twice? I don’t get it.
Question us this on Athan or the coaches.

We scored 10 points.

The coaching staff REFUSED to let them win.

Oh yea, I’m not saying we need to bomb it at all. My issue is more with the separation our guys have trouble getting. It could be play calling too, compared to other teams (at our level) we aren’t getting teams to bite to open our guys up more. But, it’s an issue that needs to be addressed.

I Athan’s keeps were solid, wish he would’ve pulled it more but he’s young and had Mo carrying the team for most of it. Like what I saw today from him, even with the int.

Top Bottom