Poll!!! - 2022 Expectations

I'll be disappointed if we do anything less than:

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Please reply in the poll with your answers.
Please select the best record at which you would be satisfied, where anything less would be disappointing to you.

2-2 against Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Michigan State and 7-2 in the other games counting a bowl game is about what I'd expect. I hope we could do better than that but I'd take another 9-4 season against a tougher schedule, especially if we can beat Iowa and/or Wisconsin.

Please reply in the poll with your answers.
Please select the best record at which you would be satisfied, where anything less would be disappointing to you.
My expectation is b1gw. Ill be disappointed if they miss it but won't be failure if they don't, in my view.

If MN wins less than 8 games, no trophy games, etc ill put it as very disappointing.

Less than 7 wins a failure.

*Injuries could change me expectations

I really hope that we’re able to pull off 9/10 wins and have a shot at the West. If we don’t beat either Iowa or Wisconsin I’ll be disappointed, especially considering neither are projected to be anything spectacular. Ultimately I answered 8 wins and a bowl game to at least be satisfied, with my Wisco/Iowa caveat included.

If Mo, Trey and Bryce are healthy, and Dylan Wright blossoms, this could be a very pitt y offense, even with the new faces in OL.

I admit I went conservative with 9 wins. I just don't want to get my hopes up for more than that. If I can get that damn Pig, I'd be pretty happy!

Win the west, run the division, lose the title game close, go to a NY6 bowl.

Don’t think the team can go unbeaten but I expect them to win the west.

And if we win the west, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win the big ten title game…so I chose that.

I expect them to win the west and will be disappointed if we don’t win the title game

There’s more than the usual number of swing games on the schedule this year and the same exact Gopher team of the same quality could go anywhere from 4-8 to 12-0 regular season based on a whole lotta luck.

Matthew Trickett is the most important guy on the team outside of the starting QB this year in terms of wins and losses

I voted for "win the West". I think it is very do-able. Mo needs to stay healthy, Morgan needs a great year. D needs to continue the great work. If those can happen, I think we will contend and I also think the Mo can be in the running for the Heisman. We will soon find out.

There’s more than the usual number of swing games on the schedule this year and the same exact Gopher team of the same quality could go anywhere from 4-8 to 12-0 regular season based on a whole lotta luck.

Matthew Trickett is the most important guy on the team outside of the starting QB this year in terms of wins and losses
Are you a Nebraska fan?

Morgan is the key, Can he have his best year to date?

Went with 9 wins including the bowl. Fleck needs to beat Iowa.

I really hope that we’re able to pull off 9/10 wins and have a shot at the West. If we don’t beat either Iowa or Wisconsin I’ll be disappointed, especially considering neither are projected to be anything spectacular. Ultimately I answered 8 wins and a bowl game to at least be satisfied, with my Wisco/Iowa caveat included.
The poll choices are interesting...so for you seven regular season wins?

Went 10-1 with the Bowl Win.

Usually say bringing home The Axe is enough for me.

This season it's The Pig that needs to come home...

1655735111442.png

The two best RBs are still unknown quantities, the OL has to recover from losses, the defense is always terra incognito.
I think quality depth is less this year than last year.
The schedule is a bit harder this year.
I will wait and see if PJ can pul another rabbit out of his hat.

Will take 9 wins, but I expect to Win the West!

If I’m being optimistic, 11 wins. Looking at the schedule I’m concerned about Michigan State but they lost a ton of production from their offense and their passing defense absolutely sucked. As a side note MSU won the battle for that linebacker transfer Jacoby. Will be fun to see if he’s the real deal. I think MSU vastly overachieved last year. I’m not totally sold on their coach. I think we go in there and surprise.

Beating Penn State at home is doable but I wouldn’t bet my house on it.

Iowa. I don’t know. We are right there with them. Get them at home. W.

Wisconsin seems to be a fading power. They have lost their edge. W.

Win the West. Beat the dirty, stinking Iowegians. If not now, when? You could make the argument that they've had the most complete team in the West two of the past three seasons with no trips to Indy to show for it.

I went with 8-4 reg season + win a bowl game.

But - depending on how things go, I could see this team finishing anywhere from 7 wins to 11 wins.

my primary concern is the O-Line. if the O-Line play is anywhere close to last year, that is a big plus.

next is the D-Line. 6 of the top 8 guys gone from last year's rotation. how do the replacements perform?

and then comes health at RB. How close are Mo and Potts to 100% of their old form?

this is going to be a very interesting season.

and in closing BEAT IOWA. BEAT IOWA. BEAT IOWA. BEAT IOWA. BEAT IOWA. BEAT IOWA.

Top Bottom