Please do not give your tickets to "the guy at the office"

stevedave23

Reaction score
With a 7pm Halloween night game coming up I'm sure there will be some season ticket holders that will not be able to make the game for one reason or another.

I would like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone to refrain from giving your tickets to any semi-causual sports fan that might consider going to the game just because you're giving him/her free tickets.

Please either donate your tickets to a good cause like http://www.tixfortots.org, sell them via the ticket exchange or give them to a real (preferably die hard) gopher fan.

Why am I asking this? Giving your tickets to an indifferent person you happen to work with contributes to a dull, boring, lifeless atmosphere that plauged the dome for years. IMHO the gophers have a good thing going with TCF bank stadium and it would be nice if that momentum continued.

Ultimately season ticket holders can do whatever they want with their tickets but that's my $0.02.

Thanks

How many tickets given to tix for tots result in a person in a seat? If someone gave to tix for tots today would they be able to find someone to use the ticket?

I am afraid there will be 5k empty seats on Saturday. That sucks.

giving the tix to some guy (or gal) at the office might just turn someone into a rabid Gopher fan. Jus' sayin' . . .

I have a close family member getting married this Saturday, so I can't make the game. I have two season tickets looking for a home.

I've tried listing them on the ticket exchange. I've posted on facebook, twice. I've listed them on craigslist, twice. I practically can't give them away.

This is really disheartening, especially for the first season in a new stadium.

giving the tix to some guy (or gal) at the office might just turn someone into a rabid Gopher fan. Jus' sayin' . . .

Even bringing some of my freinds to the dome last year, I made fans of them, they are hoping to get season tickets next year, I think I've converted around 10 people by bringing them to games.
You'd be suprised how many people just haven't really put much thought into gopher football,but when they see how it compares to viking games it can really grow on them. Especially now that we have the only outdoor sports arena in Minnesota.

My daughter has H1N1.

Normally, in this type of situation, I would let another family member use my tickets. However, all of them have parties or prior plans.

So, I hand picked a young man in my office that loves Minnesota sports and gave him my tickets. He is excited beyond belief to be going a Gopher game in this stadium... even in this type of weather. He moved here from N. Dakota and said..."this is a piece of cake!":)

I disagree, getting new people to try Gopher football live is a good thing. That's how the diehard fans got started. It's like being a football pusher, first taste is free...

I have a close family member getting married this Saturday, so I can't make the game. I have two season tickets looking for a home.

I've tried listing them on the ticket exchange. I've posted on facebook, twice. I've listed them on craigslist, twice. I practically can't give them away.

Well I am here to solve your problems. I will let you "give them away" to me and another diehard.

Just sayin.

I disagree, getting new people to try Gopher football live is a good thing. That's how the diehard fans got started. It's like being a football pusher, first taste is free...

The thing that many of us hard core fans don't realize is that although Gopher Football definitely don't get the attention or hardcore support of the twin cities media, sports fans, etc.
There is alot of university support in the TC and state, many people do take pride in the University of Minnesota as an entity, they just don't pay alot of attention to a program that has been historically down for a long time. Introducing them to a unique gopher sports experience can really help to tap into that state pride and foster more and more support for our beloved program.

Every season ticket holder started out as someone attending their very first game.

I have added about 4 people to the make-believe season ticket waiting list by bringing them to games this season. I'm bringing another green horn this Saturday. He is really looking forward to it.

I'll take them.

DP - Check your inbox.

When I hopefully get my season tickets next year, I'm going to bring different friends and family to each game. Some are huge Gopher fans, some more casual. One good experience can turn a casual fan into a season ticket holder.

Agree with you RR.

Plus, I'd rather have butts in the seats that half-heartedly care about the Gophers, rather than empty seats.

The more people we get out to the new stadium the better - heck, the place is nice enough that I'd want to go there to see a 7-man football game.

Tix for Tots

How many tickets given to tix for tots result in a person in a seat? If someone gave to tix for tots today would they be able to find someone to use the ticket?

I am afraid there will be 5k empty seats on Saturday. That sucks.

Good question, Rotundo. I just checked with our program manager at Tix for Tots. She said that roughly 80% of the tickets donated are used. She said for Gopher Football, Hockey and Basketball, the rate is much higher because there's so much interest.

She also said that since it's Thursday, she'd have no problem placing tickets for Saturday. If you have tickets to donate (and you will get a tax write-off), shoot Betsy an email at: [email protected]

There are people trying unload tickets at work and it makes me wonder how many of the season ticket holders who are new will abandon them if we aren't 8-4 before the novelty of the new stadium wears off. I can't believe all of the 20-30 year olds who are buying Twins tickets for next year who could care less about them or baseball.

I'd love to take those tickets off your hands, but i have kids that want $10 worth of free candy that night.

looking for tickets

Anyone have some good seats for the game Saturday?

I've typically given my tickets away to friends who are fans but can't afford season tickets. Only once have I regretted this decision because said friend decided not to attend and didn't tell me about it until two days later. Needless to say he doesn't get offered tickets anymore, it's a one strike rule. Seriously, if you have tickets to give away and can't find someone then I can find Gopher fans to use them pretty easily if you let me know.

Would you like to make my health care decisions for me too, big brother?
Seems a bit over the top in response to a post that was clearly making a request rather than dictating anything and ended with this:
Ultimately season ticket holders can do whatever they want with their tickets but that's my $0.02.
I thought his suggestions had some merit and, who knows, might have actually caused some folks to think more about what they'll do with tickets that they can't use.

Top Bottom