Play Calling

RolGnav

Reaction score
All game long, the play calling was great. They could not stop us... then Fleck goes into the Run Run 3rd and Long play calling. Should have lost... Sorry but Fleck is clueless.

he needs to adapt to this defense. protection offense with this defense will not work. however i am not anticipating we have that option next week

You obviously have no clue about football then if you didn't see how clueless Fleck was in the 4th.

I have plenty of clues about football. I don’t agree with every call but I also know Fleck doesn’t call every play. Do you know that?

I have plenty of clues about football. I don’t agree with every call but I also know Fleck doesn’t call every play. Do you know that?

When did I say he called plays, let alone every play? I know they call plays and he hears it and can disapprove of it. So yeah what?

When did I say he called plays, let alone every play? I know they call plays and he hears it and can disapprove of it. So yeah what?

You said the plays are relayed to him to approve or not. Which is factually inaccurate.

You said the plays are relayed to him to approve or not. Which is factually inaccurate.

Well I meant what i wrote above, just stated it incorrectly. Of course he can disapprove of a call or not... but it doesn't change the fact. Just look how they called the last 4 series.

Play calling in the last two possessions was horrific. No denying that. This team continues to put itself in danger or worse by going ultra conservative late. This extends at least to last season. Some of these head scratchers have thankfully been wins.

Well I meant what i wrote above, just stated it incorrectly. Of course he can disapprove of a call or not... but it doesn't change the fact. Just look how they called the last 4 series.

Yes. But Fleck doesn’t call plays. He said to go for it on 4th and 1. Likely approved that shitty play call. But he isn’t micro managing it all

How many times, on first down, can we run stilt legs Wiley into an 8 man box?

SEVERAL, is the answer.

When we've been killing them downfield all game.

I mean, if we're gonna complain. There are some specific points in the game where he did dumb things. Trotting out a new package on 4th down with the clock running was stupid, take a timeout if you're gonna do that. Better yet, just leave our QB on the field.

Also, like, stop running against loaded boxes on 2nd down my dude.

Yes. But Fleck doesn’t call plays. He said to go for it on 4th and 1. Likely approved that shitty play call. But he isn’t micro managing it all

I don't for one second believe that any sane OC wanted a wildcat package on the field for that play. That was Fleck's doing.

I don't for one second believe that any sane OC wanted a wildcat package on the field for that play. That was Fleck's doing.

Agreed. The wildcat package is useless for anything outside of the goal line.

If the play calling where ball possession is paramount to move the ball and kill the game does not improve soon, I may have to jump....

JHC, you are able to do it 90% of the game and as things are winding this is what you come up with?
Thank God you pulled it out vs. that POS Brohm, but it may not have been deserved.

I mean, if we're gonna complain. There are some specific points in the game where he did dumb things. Trotting out a new package on 4th down with the clock running was stupid, take a timeout if you're gonna do that. Better yet, just leave our QB on the field.

Also, like, stop running against loaded boxes on 2nd down my dude.
I don't know. If it had worked then we would have called him a genius. The defensive guy got through extremely fast and for some reason Seth didn't look quite right. Will have to find out about as to what happened. Maybe we won't as they'll do it again in the future.

I don't know. If it had worked then we would have called him a genius. The defensive guy got through extremely fast and for some reason Seth didn't look quite right. Will have to find out about as to what happened. Maybe we won't as they'll do it again in the future.

I'm gonna be honest, I just hate wildcat packages at the college level. We can barely get our guys lined up as it is.

We got a TD on aggressive calling too.... also failed.

Gotta take both if you want it.

Look... again, my point is... The whole game, they could not stop our offense because we were not being predictable. Hell we even got in a couple TE plays. But the 4th Quarter, we started that run run on first and second down play calling again. My point about Fleck is, could he not see where it was headed? They could not stop us .... but we could not stop them either. Why rely on the defense? Run the same offense we were running the whole first three quarters. The 4th quarter was all run run on first and second down on nearly all the possessions. Someone chart it and show me I'm wrong. Being that predictable just made it easy for purdue to stop us.

We continue to go very conservative late in games with small leads. We’re calling plays like the defense is the strongest group and the offense isn’t very good.

This... and yeah it's not Fleck calling the plays, but Fleck ultimately determines who calls the plays and can certainly ask for a different play. So he still thinks going into conservative mode is his best bet to win, knowing full well how terrible his defense is? Sorry but it's on him as a coach.

Top Bottom