PJ has to be on the hot seat right ? (nevermind ive been told to accept being mediocre when were good enough to be mediocre)

No they wa
Penn state fans want James Franklin fired after losing 2 games. We need to stop with the whole. We sucked for so long that we'll deal with being a 9 and 4 mediocre team.
No they want him fired because he is 4 - 16 against Mich. and tOSU

its more like year 7 and you have a young team excuse, when you should have built the program to the point were experienced JRs and SRs are playing mostly and the youngsters are learning. Why is that?

its more like year 7 and you have a young team excuse, when you should have built the program to the point were experienced JRs and SRs are playing mostly and the youngsters are learning. Why is that?
The free transfer rule sure makes it difficult.

I think he doesn’t care- if he gets himself fired he still gets paid and will move his row the boat to his next gig

The free transfer rule sure makes it difficult.
Every other team has the same rule. It's been around for two and a half years, more than long enough to take advantage of it. Some teams are using it to add star players, we used it to add a RB who can't hold onto the ball and a WR who keeps dropping the ball.

Why do people expect the team to always be better than the year before? What a weird concept. Plenty of coaches have ups and downs.
Correct. I was hoping we could push. Pushing would have been good enough to win the west. But alas, we are worse

Every other team has the same rule. It's been around for two and a half years, more than long enough to take advantage of it. Some teams are using it to add star players, we used it to add a RB who can't hold onto the ball and a WR who keeps dropping the ball.
Yeah and they don’t all have veteran teams every year either. You can add veteran players, but they’ll be new to your systems.

Knee jerk reactions are rarely sound and often laughable.

9-4 is not a great season How long would Alabama's coach be the coach if they went 9 and 4. 3 straight years?
Lol what planet do you live on? There is nothing about the structure of this university from either the outside or the inside that will ever put this football program anywhere near Alabama. And do you need to be reminded of how Nebraska did after they fired Bo Pellini who went 9-4 every year?

Why do people expect the team to always be better than the year before? What a weird concept. Plenty of coaches have ups and downs.
Because the limit of their football knowledge is their Madden franchise on easy mode lol, reality doesn't register to too many people thanks to the constant distraction and instant gratification of the internet.

At the time this was typed, NW was beating the Skunks pretty good (24-3). If the Gophers beat those same skunks, then all will be forgiven and forgotten. This team lacks speed.....

If we had all seniors playing would you make the same complaint next year when they’re playing inexperienced players?

If we had small seniors playing would you make the same complaint next year when they’re playing inexperienced players?
Depends on what your expectations are. Mine are to be the best every year and strive to get there and not have small seniors who cant play.

Can’t remember if it was Fat Pat or Scoggins, but one of them said it would take 2 to 3 5 win seasons in a row to get his seat hot. That’s probably correct, but I can’t watch much more PJ run and kick field goal football.
I doubt it. He's here unless and until Coyle leaves or there is a major scandal on the team of some kind.

Coyle doesn't have the desire to win, the ability to build up the program through the Alumni, major donors, or the corporate community, nor does he have the balls to run a successful program.

PJ seems like a good guy. He's a terrible coach. To call him the most successful coach needs to be qualified with the absolutely pathetic state of the B1G West during his tenure.

I'm not trying to take away the number of victories his trams have had, but this is not like the Joe Tiller Era at Purdue, or Mark Dantonio Era at Michigan State, or the Barry Alvarez era at Wisconsin where the teams played and beat the top teams and actually won the conference or division.

The context of his tenure is important.

Last edited:

I doubt it. He's here unless and until Coyle leaves or there os a major scandal on the team of some kind.

Coyle doesn't have the desire to win, the ability to build up the program through the Alumni, major donors, or the corporate community, nor does he have the balls to run a successful program.

PJ seems like a good guy. He's a terrible coach. To call him the moat successful coach needs to be qualified with the absolutely pathetic state of the B1G West during his tenure.

It is true, but this is not like the Joe Tiller Era at Purdue, or Mark Dantonio Era at Michigan State, pr the Barry Alverez era at Wisconsin where the teams played and beat the top teams and actually won the conference or division.

The context of his tenure is important.
Calling PJ Fleck a horrible coach makes you lose all credibility. He’s far from perfect but come on. Horrible? Ridiculous statement.

Depends on what your expectations are. Mine are to be the best every year and strive to get there and not have small seniors who cant play.
I’m sure they would rather have better players
Tbh

You can be experienced every year

No chance PJ (or Rossi) will be or should be fired. They have done enough before this point to deserve a chance to fix things. Harbaugh should be a different story.

The portal allows for quick fixes if they make the right calls. Last season they mostly did not, and the portal guys have been low impact.

Immediate help is needed all over the field, particularly in the defensive back 7. A transfer QB needs to be brought in to provide another option to Athan. I would prefer an accurate senior from the G5 over a big deal prospect who didn't get to start at a prestige program.

We don't need firings, but we do need change.

No. Stupid take. You should feel ashamed.

No chance PJ (or Rossi) will be or should be fired. They have done enough before this point to deserve a chance to fix things. Harbaugh should be a different story.

The portal allows for quick fixes if they make the right calls. Last season they mostly did not, and the portal guys have been low impact.

Immediate help is needed all over the field, particularly in the defensive back 7. A transfer QB needs to be brought in to provide another option to Athan. I would prefer an accurate senior from the G5 over a big deal prospect who didn't get to start at a prestige program.

We don't need firings, but we do need change.
I can't see any QB wanting to transfer here given the offensive philosophy and I don't think any would really believe they'd have an actual open competition

You can't fire a guy after one bad year, but another one like this year, then yes.

Penn state fans want James Franklin fired after losing 2 games. We need to stop with the whole. We sucked for so long that we'll deal with being a 9 and 4 mediocre team.
I mean this in no disrespect, but you can't compare MN to Bama and PSU. The amount of resources backed behind those programs absolutely dwarfs what is here. The standards need to match what you're bringing to the table.

I think being single at 45 has probably been better for Tom Brady than my Uncle Doug and his freshly ironed khakis. If ole Doug demands the same results as Brady, I don't think it works out well for him.

Top Bottom