PJ Fleck's secrecy

Actually, what I think people are saying is PJ needs to grow a pair. This secretive stuff just makes him looked scared and insecure.

If Bill Belichick (who also is famous for this) is "scared and insecure", give me more

This is going to be a weird year all around. We all know that and every coach is going to be secretive in their own way this year. Just accept it that what coaches are going to be doing this year to take advantage as much as they can. Hopefully next fall will be normal again....but only if people do their part of social distancing, wearing masks etc., so that we can eliminate this problem.

Oh, bleep - I agree with MplsGopher on this one.

the U of MN is a state school. There is a great deal of interest in the football program. the Coach is paid millions of dollars (minus the recent roll-back) to coach the program.

I do not think it is asking too much for the Coach to provide - at the very least - some basic information on the status of players AT THIS TIME.

I used capital letters because of the covid issues. Let's face it - if a player misses a game, the 1st thing people are going to think is "covid."

So if a player misses a game, and no "official" reason is given, that puts fans and the media in the position of speculating.

At the very least, the Gophers could give a generic reason for players missing game - "covid" - "non-covid injury/medical" - "player's decision" (i.e opt out) - or "coaches' decision" (i.e. rules violation).

for someone like Faalele, the Gophers have given no indication, leaving people free to speculate. In the long run, I think it would be better for the player and the program to end the speculation and give some kind of explanation.
All that you mentioned is still none of your business. None.

Saw last night the Sweeney put in his press release, that Lawrence had given the school permission to share his COVID status. Fleck is not the only one and that does this. There are not rules saying he has to. As they prepare for each week, recruit, and balance a road game on a short week, I'm sure a depth chart of extra media time is not most important.

Now selfishly I wish still look for the depth chart every week.

Last edited:

Please do not put Fleck on the same level as Belichick.

I knew you'd say that. Haha. Jesus.

I simply gave ONE example of a successful coach who is very secretive and doesn't share much with the media. There are many examples.

You saying that our coach appears "scared and insecure" because he is not sharing personnel specifics with the media is one of the more hyperbolic and ridiculous things I've seen on here recently.

Top Bottom