PJ Fleck Pizza Commercial

In an effort to find common ground, here are my top pizza places in Minnesota:
1. Red Wing Brewery
2. Pizza Factory in New Brighton
3. Pizza Luce
4. Giordanos
5. Rocky Rococo (loved when they were on campus but still one location left in MN in Brooklyn Park)
Years ago I had a pizza at the Red Wing Brewery. Don't remember much about it except that it was a great pizza. Pizza Luce is good as well.

1. Red Wing Brewery
3. Pizza Luce
4. Giordanos
5. Rocky Rococo (loved when they were on campus but still one location left in MN in Brooklyn Park)

I feel like we need to qualify what kinda pizza we're talking about when we talk about pizza.

Things like Chicago Style (even separate for thin and thick Chicago style), Neapolitan ... all those deserve their own categories. Cross comparing those makes no sense to me.

Gotta do this scientifically.

Savoy's pizza sauce is better than excellent. It's the best. Anyone who doesn't like it doesn't know a good pizza from a bad one.
Well now I gotta try them this week or something ...

1. Red Wing Brewery
3. Pizza Luce
4. Giordanos

Luce is overrated and wildly overpriced.

Add Black Sheep to the list.

Skinner's in STP has excellent bar pizza and some unique flavors.

And for anyone in the West St. Paul area- Pizza Shop is awesome (takeout and cash only, well worth it).

My wife and I went to the Rockys in uptown a lot when we were younger. Loved the big chunks of sausage.

Didn't they used to make heart shaped pizzas on Valentine's Day?

Yes, they did. Their sausage and mushroom pizzas were outstanding.

Rocky’s might still be my favorite pizza place. I first went to their restaurant on State Street in Madison when I was in high school (on a trip to see the NCAA Cross-Country Championships, run in the snow at Yahara Hills Golf Course, but I digress). I was thrilled when they came to Minnesota.

When my wife and I were first dating, we’d go to Rocky’s in Dinkytown a couple of times per month. They had a great little space downstairs.

Damn fine memories.

Rocky’s might still be my favorite pizza place. I first went to their restaurant on State Street in Madison when I was in high school (on a trip to see the NCAA Cross-Country Championships, run in the snow at Yahara Hills Golf Course, but I digress). I was thrilled when they came to Minnesota.

When my wife and I were first dating, we’d go to Rocky’s in Dinkytown a couple of times per month. They had a great little space downstairs.

Damn fine memories.
Still can go to the one by Park Center High School!

Reactions: pk2

A slab of Bacon is correct.

We need to break this out into styles.

'Sota Style, or Minnesota Style is closely related to Midwest-style or "Tavern Style".
Some might argue they are slightly different where the Minnesota style being more heavily topped with toppings. Also, some think the Tavern style is more of the Chicago - Home Run Inn style with a flakey crust.

NY Style - thin crust with a decent edge. Crust that doesn't flop much but foldable.

Chicago Deep Dish

Detroit style - (you can get this from Jets) Bready crust allowed to rise with toppings on top with sauce at the end. Usually done in a heavily oiled pan to provide that crispy pan-style crust

Fast-food pizza style - (Dominoes / Papa Johns / Little Caesars / Sams Club / Costco - Done in an air impinger conveyor style oven.

As far as a Minnesota or Midwest style pizza, Red Savoy is tops in the rankings from my experience.

Damn fine memories.
Yeah...had the double slice as well.

Lazy dogs, make your own pizza.
Buy some 00 Italian flour, make enough dough for for four pizzas.
Freeze three for use in the next few weeks.
Use your imagination for the topping as long as anchovies are part of it and not too heavy with the sauce.

Use your imagination for the topping as long as anchovies are part of it and not too heavy with the sauce.
Right on!! My wife’s pizza is the best hands down. End of discussion

Right on!! My wife’s pizza is the best hands down. End of discussion
You have a coal-fired oven?

Think you're tasting the love more, which is fine, but a homemade pizza won't be able to match a place with the right tools.

20% off with your first order?
Oh ya that reminds me if you sign up for the Red Savoy loyalty thing I think you get free cheese bread or something on the first order. Combine that with the happy hour and your first meal can be a good deal. I think if you order during happy hour (3-5), you can set the pickup time to later and still get the discount. Kinda a trick the system thing.

As long as everyone is listing their favorite pizza joints.....Pizza Pub in Pine City is mine. There's a few locations, but P.C. is the best one.

I really like Punch Pizza.

It's neopolitian style so I wouldn't compare it to Chicago style or anything. But I could eat it every day.

I do make my own, and I'm getting better and better at it!

But I still appreciate pizzas made with better tools than I have. (Ovens that go over 500 degrees).

Man for a company that advertises their app it doesn't keep you signed in long and then it complains that you don't actually have an account under that email ... despite now sending you emails about your account ...

Carbones (Randolph Ave) and Parkway Pizza are my favorites

Top Bottom