PJ Fleck Pizza Commercial

KoolAid

Red Drank Brewmaster
Reaction score

Ah...so this is awesome for a lot of reasons

1) Red's Savoy is a local establishment(s). I doubt they could afford paying PJ a lot, so maybe he did it for free? Maybe he's a regular customer?

2) The pizza is awesome. I grew up in south Minneapolis, but played lots of baseball and basketball in St. Paul's east suburbs. My dad got 2 large pies every time I played over there. He really liked the pizza the next day cold.

3) Named the best scandal of 2007 by City Pages, Norm Coleman's father was arrested for having some hanky pinky in Red's parking lot with a lady 43 years his younger. Dubbed, "Norm Coleman Sr's Special Delivery" http://www.citypages.com/best-of/2007/people-and-places/norm-coleman-srs-special-delivery-7363772

Anyways, this cracks me up. I don't live in the area anymore, but I don't recall PJ doing a lot of endorsement stuff

The pizza is good but not awesome.
Fleck already has a history with them. I'm sure they're paying on top of probably free pizza.

The other guy is from this video

The PJ commercial is awesome! That dude could flame out in coaching tomorrow and immediately be a highly-paid announcer, analyst, motivational speaker, or actor. He's just got "it".

The music video is funny and pretty accurate. My only problem is the reference to no traffic. Has he spent any time in the cities at all?! Worst part of living there, IMO.

The PJ commercial is awesome! That dude could flame out in coaching tomorrow and immediately be a highly-paid announcer, analyst, motivational speaker, or actor. He's just got "it".

The music video is funny and pretty accurate. My only problem is the reference to no traffic. Has he spent any time in the cities at all?! Worst part of living there, IMO.
Traffic has been pretty good, specifically lately.

Red Savoy is in expansion mode right now. Don't see why they can't afford to have PJ as a spokesperson.

Ah...so this is awesome for a lot of reasons

1) Red's Savoy is a local establishment(s). I doubt they could afford paying PJ a lot, so maybe he did it for free? Maybe he's a regular customer?

2) The pizza is awesome. I grew up in south Minneapolis, but played lots of baseball and basketball in St. Paul's east suburbs. My dad got 2 large pies every time I played over there. He really liked the pizza the next day cold.

3) Named the best scandal of 2007 by City Pages, Norm Coleman's father was arrested for having some hanky pinky in Red's parking lot with a lady 43 years his younger. Dubbed, "Norm Coleman Sr's Special Delivery" http://www.citypages.com/best-of/2007/people-and-places/norm-coleman-srs-special-delivery-7363772

Anyways, this cracks me up. I don't live in the area anymore, but I don't recall PJ doing a lot of endorsement stuff

Maybe he did it for one year's worth of free pizza.

He is a natural for WWF.

I know this might be controversial but Reds Savoy might be the worst pizza I've ever had. Funny commercial though.

I know this might be controversial but Reds Savoy might be the worst pizza I've ever had. Funny commercial though.
Why don't you like it? You're the first person whom I've ever heard that doesn't like it.

Commercial and the Music video are both awesome. Fleck comes across very natural in front of the camera.

I miss the St. Paul location a lot.
Good job P.J..
Lived just over the highway from it. Classic St Paul place. Probably ordered once a month. Always busy. The sauce...(y)(y)

edit: New StP location is in the Wild practice center (Old Macy's). Not sure it has opened...might need to take a walk over.

Why don't you like it? You're the first person whom I've ever heard that doesn't like it.
Ditto. Have yet to take someone there who did not like the pizza.

It didn't taste good? Very strange sauce flavor. Almost chemical-ly

Lived just over the highway from it. Classic St Paul place. Probably ordered once a month. Always busy. The sauce...(y)(y)

edit: New StP location is in the Wild practice center (Old Macy's). Not sure it has opened...might need to take a walk over.
LOl! Read that Word doesn't like the pizza due to the sauce. Sauce in my opinion is excellent.

LOl! Read that Word doesn't like the pizza due to the sauce. Sauce in my opinion is excellent.
Maybe they made a bad batch when I was there??? Or maybe they were trying to poison me?

In an effort to find common ground, here are my top pizza places in Minnesota:
1. Red Wing Brewery
2. Pizza Factory in New Brighton
3. Pizza Luce
4. Giordanos
5. Rocky Rococo (loved when they were on campus but still one location left in MN in Brooklyn Park)

Last edited:

1. Red Wing Brewery
3. Pizza Luce
4. Giordanos
5. Rocky Rococo (loved when they were on campus but still one location left in MN in Brooklyn Park)
I’m going to add Black Sheep to the list and Little Italian pie shop

I am also a big fan of Red Baron pizza when I can buy 3 and get free Gopher football tickets.

Would like to see Captain Kirk to the south do that first commercial...

On second thought, no.

Who hates I-O-W-A?

Evidently this guy (known for creating the Hockey Hair videos) started his own agency and produced this ad. He worked at Fallon for several years.

1. Red Wing Brewery
3. Pizza Luce
4. Giordanos
Successful redemption. Rocky's Uptown was where I frequently visited. Great pizza.

Top Bottom