PJ Fleck named B1G Coach of the Year!

Great honor! I think he is the best choice. Those same people picked us 6th, right?
PJ did great!
(I just don’t see him as perfect, like some.)

Awesome and Congrats Coach Fleck!!! Well deserved and I do assume someone close to coach reads this forum....

Ryan Day.... Will be interesting to see how OSU does when Urban Meyer's players are gone in a few years.

3 conference Coach of the Year awards in 7 years...

The media voted for Day.

The coaches voted for Fleck. Maybe they don’t all hate him after all.

And maybe it isn’t a popularity contest?
Yeah but they’re human. Gotta think if Fleck is as hated by other coaches like some opposing fans think, then that would influence who they vote for.

I think they’re both deserving so it worked out well that it was split.

Yeah but they’re human. Gotta think if Fleck is as hated by other coaches like some opposing fans think, then that would influence who they vote for.

I think they’re both deserving so it worked out well that it was split.
They are both deserving. Not why some can’t leave it at that. The Dikembe Mutombo finger waving is just silly.

Great honor! I think he is the best choice. Those same people picked us 6th, right?
PJ did great!

Hint, hint. There are no perfect people, just better people and inferior people.

The media voted for Day.

The coaches understand the number one fact regarding Big Ten football, if you can't win big at Ohio State you're a bad coach. Day built nothing, he inherited everything. When he has recruited several classes, dealt with several problems, handled at least a tiny spidge of adversity, done something other than just run out on the field and yelled "Sick'um" to the guys given to him by Meyer then he might be worthy of something. Now, nothing. Really, who could not have won big with that lineup!?

Who's ever said other coaches hate Fleck? He seems to have a few good friends in the league and no real strong critics I can think of. He even gets along with Chryst. He's basically a younger Jim Tressel with way more slogans and better clothes.

Who's ever said other coaches hate Fleck? He seems to have a few good friends in the league and no real strong critics I can think of. He even gets along with Chryst. He's basically a younger Jim Tressel with way more slogans and better clothes.
Yeah I’m not sure where that myth comes from.
Just because some people think he is annoying doesn’t mean all his peers hate him.
im sure there are many that find him annoying

Yeah I’m not sure where that myth comes from.
Just because some people think he is annoying doesn’t mean all his peers hate him.
im sure there are many that find him annoying
That's true of course, but there was lots of talk on this board about the blow-by "handshake" with Brohm...Fitz mentioning every MN coach except PJ in his presser...Ferentz's kid badmouthing PJ multiple times (implying dad might feel the same way)...PJ not mentioning Chryst in his presser...etc. So I do think some were implying Fleck is not well-liked. I think most of those have been proven untrue, but it's not ridiculous to assume people feel that way.

I’d say PJF’s team exceeded expectations by a significant amount. Well-deserved IMO.

Day, meh. They SHOULD be elite with the players they have. He’s done a great job, yes, but undefeated seasons should be the expectation there. Now go win another Natty (and stomp Bucky on the way).

PJ did great!

We were also picked 6th in the division by 4 of 6 CBS pundits in their preseason predictions. One had us 4th and another 5th.

A lot of opposing fans talk as if everyone in the conference hates him and/or thinks he's ridiculous.

Too bad he’s pulled the wool over our eyes on him being a good coach.

Congratulations PJ. I would have voted for Day, but I can't complain about the coaches voting for PJ.

There's no arguing with 10 - 2; job well done PJ.

That's true of course, but there was lots of talk on this board about the blow-by "handshake" with Brohm...Fitz mentioning every MN coach except PJ in his presser...Ferentz's kid badmouthing PJ multiple times (implying dad might feel the same way)...PJ not mentioning Chryst in his presser...etc. So I do think some were implying Fleck is not well-liked. I think most of those have been proven untrue, but it's not ridiculous to assume people feel that way.

Can we dispense with this lie already?

Top Bottom