Pitino post game - I know people make fun of us, but I'm proud of them.

GopherLady

Reaction score
Here are my quick notes from the post game interview on ESPN 1500 with Spencer and Mike Grimm:

Richard Pitino:
• We fought, broken record I know, but we did fight. The free throw line hurt us, we had a few opportunities to cut it to one, but didn't make the shot. These young guys are really starting to step up, Nate, Kevin, Dupree, Murphy, etc. I'm excited about them, they're a lot of fun to coach with is nice to see.
• On Konate - I thought he played great, maybe one of the best games he played, he wanted more touches and he gets frustrated. I thought he was tremendous, 9 rebounds, he really controlled the glass.
• We battled. I know it sounds silly, I'm proud of the guys, I know people make fun of us, but I'm proud of them. Nate and BK are sophomores, and they're going toe to toe with B1G guys on the road.
• The 2nd half, we were really attacking the basket. The FT line, we let them make 21. We're going to breakthrough at some point.
• On wanting to make a key shot at the end of the game - I hope so, we've had a lot of opportunities to make big shots, but it just hasn't come. The next one will fall, that's gotta be our mentality.

We listened to it, too. And I agree. The team put forth an impressive performance, imo.
Totally agree on Konate. He did a great job!

My heart goes out for these guys. How can anyone ask for a better effort from a oh-fer team.

• On Konate - I thought he played great, maybe one of the best games he played, he wanted more touches and he gets frustrated. I thought he was tremendous, 9 rebounds, he really controlled the glass.

Like to hear he wants the ball.. Need Mason and company to drive and dish, he should be able get some easy buckets with his explosiveness.

The "Run for None" is still alive! I was a bit worried but Buggsy came thru with an inexplicable 3 from the corner early in the shot clock. And that was all she wrote. I must say I'm a bit worried about the Rutgers home game.

The "Run for None" is still alive! I was a bit worried but Buggsy came thru with an inexplicable 3 from the corner early in the shot clock. And that was all she wrote. I must say I'm a bit worried about the Rutgers home game.

STFU. These guys are working their tails and are getting a lot better. They took the #4 team to the wire. Next year will be a big improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quit being such a miserable sob.

STFU. These guys are working their tails and are getting a lot better. They took the #4 team to the wire. Next year will be a big improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 There can't be a team getting less from their juniors and seniors. These underclassmen are making mistakes but playing their tails off and getting tons of experience. If the chronic *ssholes can't appreciate a game like this, screw them.

+1 There can't be a team getting less from their juniors and seniors. These underclassmen are making mistakes but playing their tails off and getting tons of experience. If the chronic *ssholes can't appreciate a game like this, screw them.

+19

I still like the future of this program.

I posted this in the game thread.

Iowa's upperclassmen scored a combined 69 points tonight. They shot 7 of 18 beyond the arch.
Minnesota's upperclassmen over the past 5 games combined have scored a total of 69 points. In those five games King, Buggs, and Morris combined to shoot 7 of 41 from beyond the arch.

It's easy going Reusse on a win less team. There are positives and playing the number four team in the country tough on the road is certainly one. There seems to be a small mean spirited segment that wants us to lose at least at this point. I don't get it. Keep slamming it won't matter, Pitino will be here next season.

I do love that Pitino continues to stick up for his guys and defend them. They really are trying and it's good to see him reiterate that. No matter how they finish, these kids are giving this season and this school everything they have. And they at least is commendable to me.

I watched most of the game and was impressed with the young players. The upperclassmen leave a lot to be desired. I watched King get pushed around late in the game. Ugh. Is it my imagination or do these boys tend to play better on the road than at home?

Optimism???????????? 0-12. Never had a worst season ever. Need a new coach NOW. 3 years in and he's given us our worst season in History....and some of you are optimistic??? Effing sheep.

This team is 0-13 in B10! Historically bad. Are there signs guys are improving? Sure. But the duckies and bunnies comments are sickening. We will likely go 1-18 in B10 games. That's damn near impossible with a competent coaching staff. Next year, best case scenario is 5-8 B10 wins; and that will be Lil Ricky's 4th year. Folks, this hire was an unmitigated failure.

It's easy going Reusse on a win less team. There are positives and playing the number four team in the country tough on the road is certainly one. There seems to be a small mean spirited segment that wants us to lose at least at this point. I don't get it. Keep slamming it won't matter, Pitino will be here next season.

It takes very little effort to pull out a few stats and write a column or post some msgs about how terrible this team/coach is this season. But it is obvious that this crop of good young players have made substantial progress this season. You can see the communication between the players is starting to gel and they are starting to understand how to play ball at this level.

To put it into perspective, outside of Kentucky, how many freshman are major contributors on their teams? 1 or maybe 2 freshman ever get significant playing time on the typical D1 school. We are counting on 4-5 every game! It takes awhile for the average high school star to get accustom to playing D1. The way this team is playing right now, they would have won a few of those earlier B1G games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have LesBolstad on block so please don't quote him because then his posts become visible. Or maybe GH can just ban him, it's long over due.

This team is 0-13 in B10! Historically bad. Are there signs guys are improving? Sure. But the duckies and bunnies comments are sickening. We will likely go 1-18 in B10 games. That's damn near impossible with a competent coaching staff. Next year, best case scenario is 5-8 B10 wins; and that will be Lil Ricky's 4th year. Folks, this hire was an unmitigated failure.

Time for you to go to the 19th hole and relax Les.

Seriously though, any "Gopher fan" that is cheering for losses should be banned. That sort of posting is nothing but trolling and trolls get banned.

Like to hear he(Konate)wants the ball.. Need Mason and company to drive and dish, he should be able get some easy buckets with his explosiveness.

I want to stay positive too, but expecting guys that are working so hard and trying to break through and win a game to feed the ball more to this lobster clawed center isn't how it gets done. BK gets his chances, is capable of making a reasonable percentage of dunks where the pass is perfect and he doesn't need to take steps. Outside that he is non functional offensively and the fact that he wants the ball is concerning to me, I feel the same way hearing that that I would hearing that Murphy wants to shoot more threes or Dorsey wants to try to shoot more 5 footers while being doubled by two guys a foot taller than he is. None of those things make this team better. Konate is improving on defense and rebounding, stick with that, take a few garbage buckets and take your frustration about not getting scoring chances out in the practice gym.

I have LesBolstad on block so please don't quote him because then his posts become visible. Or maybe GH can just ban him, it's long over due.
Haha - beat me to this request. However, I do find I have my own 'ignore' capacity built right in. Its hard to be curious about views that are so predictable.

Fair comment.

Look folks, some of you need to get your head out of your intestines. Pitino has been a failure. The freshman class this year is promising, but the current record should never be acceptable. I find it a little sickening that some of you are ok with losing all of our games so long as we continue to lose by less over the course of the season.

I don't agree with Bolstad that we should cheer to lose any game. But it is a legitimate argument to say that if we lose all of our games it will be better for us in the long run because it will guarantee Pitino is fired, and a new coach will then come in to fix this oil tanker explosion. I am not in that camp, but it isn't trolling.

Bolstad is a fan who wants to win. He is sick of losers like Pitino and Monson.

Bolstad has a long history of cheering against the Gophers, even when Tubby was our coach. He's infamous for showing up in game threads as soon as we lose a lead and never while we are winning. The guy is probably a Badger fan.

Fair comment.

Look folks, some of you need to get your head out of your intestines. Pitino has been a failure. The freshman class this year is promising, but the current record should never be acceptable. I find it a little sickening that some of you are ok with losing all of our games so long as we continue to lose by less over the course of the season.

I don't agree with Bolstad that we should cheer to lose any game. But it is a legitimate argument to say that if we lose all of our games it will be better for us in the long run because it will guarantee Pitino is fired, and a new coach will then come in to fix this oil tanker explosion. I am not in that camp, but it isn't trolling.

Bolstad is a fan who wants to win. He is sick of losers like Pitino and Monson.

Loser post. ^

Bolstad is okay- he just flips out and has no filter. Pitino will win here. I'm certain you will be big enough to recant when it happens.

Last night was the first full-length Gopher game I have watched this year and I came away impressed (and less than thrilled with Iowa's performance). Your squad got after it defensively and on the boards. Woodbury was hampered by fouls all game long but he only managed five boards and one point despite averaging 11 boards his last seven games.

I was skeptical of the "next year will be much better" banter I often hear from my friends but dang, I think that's true. Once the current underclassmen stop making freshmen mistakes you guys should be on your way to greener pastures.

Loser post. ^

Bolstad is okay- he just flips out and has no filter. Pitino will win here. I'm certain you will be big enough to recant when it happens.

^ Brainless comment.

IF Pitino wins here, I will be very happy. I would love it if Pitino becomes a winner, and I will proudly state that I was wrong about Pitino.

IF Pitino gets fired this year or next year, I'm certain you will be big enough to admit that Pitino was a loser.

The young colts are getting better. That being said, this team doesn't have a great basketball IQ. Moving screen, stepping on the baseline, defensive switches, etc. These mistakes are concerning especially this late in the season. Lynch will make them a better team next year just because of his post awareness and shot blocking ability. I would hope.they make the NIT next year. Will that be enough for Pitino to keep his job? Well, we're " Minnesota nice "

Top Bottom