Pitino Meltdown

I think I speak for the vast majority of GopherHolers when I politely request that you and Winasota Gopher SHUT YOUR YAPPERS!
That wasn't very polite. Wanna fight?

On topic, how many other teams would have a radio show analyzing a coach yelling at another coach in the midst of a conference game?

This the dumbest f*ing thread I've ever read on Gopherhole. Please just stop.

It's too bad this is becoming a "story".

+1

Minnesota nice, more like Minnesota soft. Should have kept Tubby around if we didn't want someone who challenges folks.

As long as the comments were not a personal attack but specific to not meeting an expectation then who gives a rip.

Johnson signed up for a very public role. I have seen Kill scream at people on the sideline. What's the difference?

Probably just doesn't happen that you see. It probably happens in basketball during practice or something.

Just like in Hockey coaches swear quite a bit but you don't hear them. I wasn't at all surprised by Mike Yeo's "rant" I was just surprised it ended up on ESPN as a big story.

Given the build up I heard in the media, I was surprised when I heard how tame Yeo's "rant" was when I actually saw the video. My 8th grade JV baseball coach gave it to us louder, angrier, and with about the same amount of vulgarity on the bus ride following any loss.

Given the build up I heard in the media, I was surprised when I heard how tame Yeo's "rant" was when I actually saw the video. My 8th grade JV baseball coach gave it to us louder, angrier, and with about the same amount of vulgarity on the bus ride following any loss.

Agreed. Seemed kind of contrived.

Jake must have been your baseball coach...

Without knowing what was said it's all just speculation. Maybe he and Johnson were talking to the team during a break telling them not to jack threes early in a possession. Maybe he was really angry at Andre Hollins and said something like "why would he shoot that?" Quite possible he was simply venting and Johnson was the first sympathetic ear he found.

Big deal! He is emotional about losing with Seniors mking horrible plays! I know I'd be losing me freaking mind! Time for him to bench a few and let someone else have a shot!

Yeo outburst was also in natural and desperate grasp for the power goes losing in his locker room. As someone whoplayed hockey iI found it sad and pathetic

Look at the guys Pitino has brought in - Mathieu, King, Morris, Mason. Probably 4 out of our 5 or 6 best players right now. He's doing all he can, I wouldn't blame him for being pissed. Guys are not playing to their full potential. I'm still in the Pitino fan club for the next couple years, unlike some on here.

Look at the guys Pitino has brought in - Mathieu, King, Morris, Mason. Probably 4 out of our 5 or 6 best players right now. He's doing all he can, I wouldn't blame him for being pissed. Guys are not playing to their full potential. I'm still in the Pitino fan club for the next couple years, unlike some on here.

Yeah, we have to give him time to bring in a full group of his players. This can be a good year for Coach to grow as he can learn how to work with a handful of kids that aren't really his fit. He will need to learn how to adjust his own wishes to fit the personnel he has. He has the opportunity to become a better coach under this adversity.

Top Bottom