Pitino: "expectations should only matter within your program."

you are going to have a chip on your shoulder for the next 20+ yrs of Pitino at the U.

This is the first time in a long time that I've literally laughed out loud while reading GopherHole.

This is the first time in a long time that I've literally laughed out loud while reading GopherHole.

That was pretty funny. You probably could count the number of coaches with a tenure of 20 years or more at power conference schools on one hand and not use all of the fingers.

That was pretty funny. You probably could count the number of coaches with a tenure of 20 years or more at power conference schools on one hand and not use all of the fingers.

Boeheim and Krzyzewski are it. Izzo would be added to the list next year, Donovan the following, and Rick Barnes the year after that.

Boeheim and Krzyzewski are it. Izzo would be added to the list next year, Donovan the following, and Rick Barnes the year after that.

Not that it matters, but Izzo is currently in his 20th season.

No, I understand your point (a very pedestrian reply of dismissal by the way; I hope you don't stoop to calling me "immature" next because I'm pushing 60 and am pretty sure that I have as much education as you). I'm just rejecting your analogy and equivalence. At this level of competition and compensation (and with the types of human subjects involved), interested parties don't have the same level of patience as they do in the activity you describe. And, as far as I'm concerned, that's "ok" too.
I don't have time to answer every response at length. Sorry you found such a simple sentence so offensive.
I could have been more clear. I'm speaking of physical rehab and I think there are plenty of parallels esp. Since most athletes go thru it after injuries at some point. Rigid goals and expectations are damaging if not handled appropriately. And I think that he created a good deal of the problem.

I think that Pitino pushed his own system too hard, too fast this year. Last year he was more patient and worked with what he had. And so now he has other problems to address.

Not that it matters, but Izzo is currently in his 20th season.

Right, that's what I'm saying. As next year (season) begins, he will have completed 20 years or more of tenure.

Top Bottom